Today we will learn traditional aam panna recipe. It is a refreshing Indian beverage made with raw mangoes and some spices.
It is very popular across North India. It instantly cools down the heat of the body in summer. I will make aam panna with mint so that it protect us from heat.
It is very easy to make and prepared in very less time.
What Is Aam Panna?
It is a vegan, gluten-free summer drink. It is made with unripe mangoes( in hindi ambi or kairi).
It is made in the hot summer in North India. It tastes little tangy, little sweet, and flavour of cumin seeds and black salt.
In the local language, it is called as mango panha, kaira ka panna or kairi ka apshola.
How aam panna is beneficial for health?
1. It is cool in nature. It cools your body in hot summer and prevents heat stroke.
2. It improves digestion.
3. Aam panna is rich in vitamin A and B, calcium, potassium, magnesium, sodium and iron.
4. It is good for the eyes.
5. It helps in reducing diabetes (high blood sugar)
6. It helps in reducing depression also.
When to drink aam panna?
The best time to drink aam panna is when you are going outside in summers.
It will prevent you from heat stroke and dehydration.
Can aam panna be stored?
Yes, aam panna can be stored in refrigerator for few hours.
But i would suggest always have fresh food. So, when you want to have it, make it that time and drink it.
Can aam panna be made with jaggery?
Yes, aam panna can be made with jaggery.
Instead of sugar, use jaggery for sweetening the aam panna. But the taste of aam panna will change due to jaggery.
Colour of aam panna will also change according to the colour of the jaggery.
I would suggest instead of using sugar, use jaggery instead.
Some other summer drink recipe
There are many other summer drinks which you can have in the summers.
I would suggest trying to avoid unhealthy cola drinks, packed juices and drinks. They have very large sugar content, artificial flavours, other unhealthy content.
Instead of it you can have nimbu pani (shikanji), lassi, chaas, coconut water, sattu sharbat, watermelon, cucumber etc.
They are cool in nature. And will protect you from the heat in the summers.
You can enjoy my other drinks and ice cream in summers:
Traditional Aam Panna Recipe
- 2 raw mangoes
- 10-12 mint leaves
- 6-7 tablespoon sugar or according to your taste
- ½ lemon juice
- ½ tea spoon salt according to your taste
- ½ tea spoon black salt
- ½ tea spoon roasted cumin seeds powder
- few ice cubes
- Boil the raw mangoes in pressure cooker. Turn off the gas after two whistle of cooker.
- After cooling it, peel the mangoes by hand or knife
- Seperate the pulp from seed of mango by hand.
- Put pulp in the blender jar.
- add fresh 12-15 mint leaves
- Add 6-7 table spoon sugar (or according to your taste)
- Add ½ teaspoon roasted cumin seeds powder
- Add ½ tea spoon salt
- Add ½ tea spoon black salt
- Add 6-7 ice cubes
- Add ½ glass water
- Add ½ lemon juice
- Blend in the mixer.
- It is little thick. Now add 2 glass of water in it. And blend once again.
- Serve in glass and add ice cubes. And garnish it with mint leaves.
Traditional Aam Panna Recipe Video
If you want to ask anything related to this recipe or give any suggestion. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.
Never miss a recipe.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get yummy recipes and kitchen tips to your email inbox.