Have you ever made amritsari kulcha (aloo kulcha or stuffed kulcha) at home? You thought that we cannot make it at home without a tandoor.
But you can make amritsari kulcha at home without tandoor.
You can make amritsari kulcha recipe on tawa.
Today i will teach how you can make amritsari kulcha on tawa.
It is also called Aloo Kulcha, Amritsari Aloo Kulcha, stuffed kulcha.
What is Aloo Kulcha?
Aloo kulcha is another name of amritsari kulcha or stuffed kulcha.
What is the difference between naan and kulcha?
The main difference between naan and kulcha in terms of ingredients.
Yeast is used as a leavening agent in naan, whereas baking powder is used in kulcha.
What goes well with Kulcha?
In the restaurants, it is served with chole, raita, onion, and mint coriander chutney.
You can have it with dal makhani, any paneer dish like shahi paneer, kadhai paneer, butter paneer masala, etc.
Amritsari Kulcha Recipe on Tawa | Aloo Kulcha Recipe on Tawa
- 200 grams maida
- 3 tablespoons curd / yogurt
- ½ teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon oil
- Salt to taste
- Lukewarm water to knead the dough
Ingredients for kulcha stuffing
- 4-5 boiled potatoes
- 3 green chillies finely chopped
- A little coriander leaves
- Salt to taste
- ¼ teaspoon red chili powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1 teaspoon chaat masala
- 1 teaspoon carom seeds ajwain
- 1/4 teaspoon garam masala
- black sesame seeds to apply on the top of kulcha
- Coriander leaves to apply on the top of kulcha
Steps for kneading the dough for kulcha
- first sieve the maida in a large utensil.
- Now make some space in the middle of the flour and add curd, baking soda, sugar, salt and oil to it and mix all of them well.
- Now knead the dough like a soft chapati with the help of lukewarm water. When kneading the dough, add water little by little. Knead the dough for 5 minutes so that the dough becomes soft.
- Now place the dough in a big pot and cover it with a plate or thick cloth and keep it in a warm place.
- The dough will be double in size in 3-4 hours.
- Now knead the dough once again for few minutes. Dough is ready to make kulcha.
Method of making stuffing for making kulcha:
- To make the kulcha, mash the boiled potatoes in a large pot.
- Now add green chili, salt, coriander leaves, red chilli powder, coriander powder, chaat masala, garam masala and celery to these mashed potatoes and mix well. Stuffing is ready for making kulcha
Method of preparation for Amritsari Kulcha:
- Make small balls of dough and also make potato balls like these.
- Now take a dough ball and roll it with the help of dry flour. Now place the potato ball on this rolled dough and close it from all sides.
- Now roll out the dough filled with the help of dry flour. You can roll it in round or in oval shape.
- Apply black sesame seeds and coriander leaves on the rolled kulcha and apply water on the other side.
- Now heat an iron tawa on medium heat.
- Now put the rolled kulcha on the heated tawa and put the kulcha on the tawa in such a way that the sesame side is facing upwards.
- After a while, you will see that the kulcha will start to puffed, then lift the tawa and turn it, so that the kulcha can be directly on the heat. Process this step very carefully.
- Follow the same steps to make all the Kulcha.
- Delicious Amritsari Aloo Kulcha is ready, apply butter on top of it . And serve it raita and chutney.
- You can also make plain kulcha in this way.
- Make it only on the iron pan with the handle on it.
Amritsari Kulcha Recipe Video
In this video i have mentioned the full steps for making aloo kulcha recipe on tawa.(Amritsari kulcha recipe on tawa)
If you want to ask anything related to this recipe or give any suggestion. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.
Never miss a recipe.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get yummy recipes and kitchen tips to your email inbox.