This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Peas puri is one the varient of indian puri. It is very delicious in taste. Also, it gives green look to our puris.
Peas (matar) are easily available in the winter. Indian market is flooded with peas, and it is one of the best ways to utilise them.
Peas are called matar in the Hindi language. In this recipe, we will use only tender green peas. First, we will make the paste of it and then we will knead it in wheat flour with few spices.
Then we will roll it and fry it in cooking oil or ghee.
By making colourful puri is a good way to add variety to your thali. You can make red colour puri by making gajar ki puri (carrot puri), beetroot puri. To add a different flavour to your puri, you can make palak ki puri also. The guest will be impressed with the various colours of puri.
What to have with matar ki puri?
Matar ki Puri Recipe Video
Matar ki Puri (Peas puri recipe)
- 2 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup peas
- 2 green chillies
- 1 inch ginger
- cooking oil
- ¼ teaspoon coriander powder dhaniya powder
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder haldi powder
- ½ teaspoon red chillies powder lal mirch powder
- ½ teaspoon dry mango powder amchur powder
- ½ teaspoon carom seeds ajwain
- salt as per taste
Making peas paste for puri
- put peas, green chillies and ginger in a blender and make a fine paste without adding water.
Making Dough for Puri
- Take wheat flour in a bowl, add ½ teaspoon carom seeds (ajwain), ¼ teaspoon coriander powder (dhania powder), ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder (haldi powder), ½ teaspoon red chilli powder, ½ teaspoon dry mango powder (amchur), salt as per taste.
- Mix it well.
- Now, add peas paste and mix it well with your hands.
- for making dough, add a little bit of water if required.
- add a little bit of oil and knead it for few minutes.
- Cover with the plate and leave for 30 minutes.
- Make a small size ball for puris
- Dip in little oil and roll it with a rolling pin (belan). Do not roll too thin. Make small size puri
- Roll few puris and keep it aside.
Frying matar ki puri
- Heat the oil in kadai for frying.
- Check the oil temperature before putting puri in it. Put a tiny dough piece in oil, if it comes steadily and gradually on top, then the oil is medium hot and it is ready for frying puri.
- Gently slide the rolled puri in the kadhai. Keep the gas flame on high or medium.
- Once it cooks from one side, then flip it.
- This time oil is hot, put 1 or two rolled puri at a time and fry it.
- Take out puri on the paper towel to remove excess oil.
- Matar Puri is ready to serve
If you want to ask about this recipe or give suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.