This post is also available in: हिन्दी
You have heard of the mint and coriander chutney, coconut chutney(nariyal chutney) and many more other types of chutney. But you haven’t heard of the guava chutney. It is also called “Amrud ki chatni” in hindi language.
This version of amrud ki chatni is my own discovered recipe. I was aware of the guava chutney but haven’t tasted it.
I love to have raw guava (amrud). Once I thought I should try it with coriander. This thought is the discovery of this recipe.
Guava chutney is a little sweet, sour and spicy. It is prepared in very less time. Most of the ingredients are available at home. So, do not let keep your guava in the kitchen. Use it and make this delicious chutney with it.
It adds raw flavours to your meal. One of the specialties is that you can increase or decrease the number of ingredients and add a few more ingredients also.
Guava or amrud is a very famous fruit in India as well as other Asian countries and western countries. It is easily available in all seasons.
It is also used in guava jam, guava ice cream and many other puddings and pies.
Tips for making guava chutney or Amrud ki chatni
Use the little raw guava (amrud) for it. It will add a little sour taste to it.
Do not over grind the chutney otherwise, it will become a very thin paste. And due to the heating, it caused by moving of blade. It will cook the guava and coriander. And the taste will not be as good.
Guava Chutney or Amrud Ki Chatni Video
Guava and Coriander Chutney
- 1 medium size guava or amrud
- coriander leaves
- 1/2 lemon juice
- 2 finely chopped green chilies
- 2 teaspoon roasted cumin seeds
- Salt according to taste
- 2 teaspoon Black pepper powder
- 2 teaspoon Indian black salt kala namak
- 1 inch ginger optional
- Remove all the seeds from guava and cut into pieces
- Put guava into blending jar.
- Add coriander leaves in it
- Add green chilies and lemon juice in it
- Add all the spices in it like salt roasted cumin seeds, black pepper powder, indian black salt.
- Close the lid of jar and blend it.
- Serve in the serving dish. Now, your amrud ki chutney is ready to eat.
Health benefits of guava (amrud)
- It is good for lowering blood pressure, decreasing bad cholesterol and increasing good cholesterol.
- It is full of fiber.
- Rich source of vitamin C.
- Help to lower the blood sugar level.
- It boosts the vision as it contains vitamin A also.
Other ingredients you can add in it to enhance the taste
As I already mentioned ginger. Ginger will enhance its taste. Add a little bit in starting to check the taste of it.
You can add fennel (Saunf in the Hindi language) in it. Try to add 2-3 teaspoons of saunf in it. Fennel has very different and good taste. If you haven’t tried it in other chutney’s then try it in this recipe. I am sure you will like it.
Mint (pudina in the Hindi language) is another cool and refreshing herb. If you add this to this recipe. You will get additional fragrance and flavour of it. One of the must-try ingredients.
You can have it with aloo ka paratha or any other paratha or roti. Just apply this chutney on bread just like the jam and enjoy it.