Bel ka sharbat is a very cooling drink. In summers it is easily available on the roadsides shops.
Today we will learn how to make bel sharbat at home without a juicer mixer.
In the summers people used to drink it a lot. It prevents heat stroke and cools down the body. It is very famous for nimbu shikanji, sugarcane juice, lassi and chaach (buttermilk).
Bel fruit is also known as stone apple or wood apple in English. Bel fruit tree is considered very sacred. Bel fruit and leaves of the tree are offered to Lord Shiva.
Benefits of Bel ka Sharbat
Bel has lots of health benefits like it prevents heart stroke, helps in controlling cholesterol, helps in controlling constipation and reducing stomach pain, cool down the body heat etc. You can read health benefits in detail.
You can make other versions of it like you can make bel ka sharbat with milk. This recipe of bel ka sharbat is also very easy. You should definitely try this.
You can check out my other drink and ice cream recipes that cool down the heat like the aam panna recipe, mango shake and mango mastani, mango stuffed kulfi, fruit custard, banana shake, oreo milkshake, mango stuffed kulfi, etc.
Bel ka Sharbat Recipe Video
Bel ka Sharbat Recipe
- 1 bel fruit stone apple or wood apple
- 3-4 teaspoon roasted jeera powder
- 4-5 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon black salt kala namak
- 1 liter water
- First, crack the bel (stone apple or wood apple) with a pestle or rolling pin
- After that split it into two parts.
- Scoop out all the pulp with the spoon.
- Collect all the pulp in a big bowl.
- Add water to the bowl
- Mash it with your hands. And add water if it is required. You can use the masher for it also.
- Take a strainer and strain the mixture with the help of a spoon.
- Keep aside the leftover mixture. And now add more water to it. We can make one more glass with it also.
- Now again mash it with your hands.
- Again strain the mixture with the help of a spoon.
- Now you will see that the all the juice is removed from the pulp.
- Now add sugar to it and mix it well.
- Now add 1 teaspoon black salt to it. And mix it well.
- Serve in a glass and sprinkle roasted cumin powder on top of it.
If you want to ask anything related to this recipe or give any suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.