Dry Coconut Burfi
This post is also available in: हिन्दी
There are many ways to make coconut barfi. But today I will teach you how to prepare dry coconut burfi.
Coconut burfi is a traditional Indian sweet. It is very easy to make this sweet recipe. You can make it on any festival.
Dry coconut barfi can be eaten during any fast. I make it on every Janmashtami and offer it to Kanha Ji. You can eat it by making it in Navratri, Ekadashi, Dwadashi, Shivratri vrat etc.
For how many days can dry coconut barfi be stored?
Well, sweets should be consumed within 2-3 days. But you can keep this sweet in the fridge for 10 to 12 days. It won’t be spoilage at all.
Dry Coconut Burfi Recipe Video
During the fast, you can make other sweet things like Aloo Ka Halwa Vrat Special, Sabudana Kheer, Rabri, Rasmalai, ghiya/lauki ki kheer etc.
Read the rest of my fast recipe posts to make a complete meal for fasting like Shahi Paneer Vrat, Sabudana Vada, Sabudana Khichdi, upwas dhokla, kuttu puri, Aloo Tomato Sabzi Vrat Special, mint coriander chutney vrat, aloo raita, Samak Ke chawal, aloo chaat recipe, paneer pakora for vrat
Dry Coconut Burfi Recipe | Desiccated coconut burfi
- 1 medium size grated dry coconut
- 150 gm sugar
- water half of sugar's quantity
- 2 teaspoon desi ghee
- Cashew optional
- Almond optional
- other dry fruits optional
How to make sugar syrup
- Put water and sugar in a non-stick kadai.
- Put the gas on a high flame and let the sugar dissolve. Till then keep mixing it continuously.
- As soon as the sugar melts, reduce the flame of the gas completely.
- Keep stirring till it becomes thick to make a string syrup.
- Take sugar syrup on a small plate, cool it and stick it between the finger and the thumb, then you will see that 1 string is formed then the syrup is ready.
How to make Coconut Burfi
- When the syrup is ready, add grated coconut to it.
- Now mix it well.
- Grease a plate with desi ghee properly.
- Take out the entire mixture on a plate and spread it evenly all around.
- Let it cool for 1-2 hours.
- After cooling, cut it with a knife into the shape of your choice.
- Dry coconut burfi is ready.
- To enhance the taste of dry coconut barfi, you can add cashew nuts, almonds, saffron, raisins, melon seeds, cardamom powder, etc.
- Instead of sugar, you can also make it with jaggery. This will change its whole taste.
- Use a sharp knife to cut the barfi easily.
Did you try this recipe?
Click a picture and mention @foodyshoodyofficial or tag #foodyshoodyofficial us on Instagram.
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes.
If you want to ask about this recipe or give suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.