This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Aloo bonda for vrat is a very different type of dish. This aloo bonda vrat recipe is a different version of the traditional aloo bonda recipe.
Traditionally, in aloo bonda onion and spices are mixed and then it is coated with batter made with gram flour and fried in the oil.
But in this version of aloo bonda, all the ingredients are handpicked according to the vrat/fasts. And the batter is made from buckwheat flour (kuttu atta).
In this way, this aloo bonda is suitable to have in fasting. Let’s make aloo bonda for vrats.
You can further read my recipes which you can make in vrats/fasting during Navratri.
Aloo Bonda Recipe for Vrats/Fasting
Aloo Bonda for Vrat
- 4 big boiled potatoes
- fresh coriander
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1¼ tsp sendha namak rock salt
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- 4 tbsp Buckwheat flour kuttu atta
Preparing Aloo Balls
- Take 4 boiled potatoes in a bowl. Roughly mash them with your hands.
- Now add a handful of fresh coriander chopped in it.
- Add 2 chopped green chillies
- add 1 tsp sendha namak or as per your taste.
- Now add 1/4 tsp black pepper powder to it.
- And mix it well with your hands.
- Now make small balls of it with your hands.
- Take 4 tbsp of kutu atta.
- Now add 1/4 tsp each of sendha namak and black pepper powder to it.
- Mix it well with the help of a spoon.
- Now add water slowly and make a thin consistency of the batter. Make sure to not add all the water at once, otherwise, lumps will form in it.
- Again add water and mix it with a spoon so that the thin batter of consistency comes.
Frying Aloo Bonda
- Heat the oil in the Kadai for frying.
- Dip aloo balls in the batter. Coat it from all sides.
- Frying needs to be done on medium flame.
- Carefully drop the potato balls in the hot oil.
- Turn the balls once they are fried from one side.
- Once they are golden brown from all the sides, remove them to the plate.
- Aloo bonda is ready. Serve with the mint and coriander chutney or raita.
You can make below food recipes for the vrats.
Chaat recipes: Aloo chaat for vrats