Missing shahi paneer dish in vrat or fasting in the festive season of Navratri. I can tell you, how you can have shahi paneer in vrat?
Can it be possible? Yes, it is possible. We can make shahi paneer for vrat also. In this version of shahi paneer, we will not use any onion, garlic, masalas, etc. We will use all the ingredients which are allowed in the vrat.
It is ideal for Jain’s also. This is an ideal recipe for them if you skip the ginger from it.
You can have this in any vrat like Navratri, Ekadashi, Janmashtmi, Shivratri etc.
It will best go with kuttu ki puriya. You can enjoy it with kuttu or singhade’s pakodas.
If you are not fasting then you can have this with chapatis (roti), paratha, or with pulao or jeera rice.
There are many versions available for this recipe. In this version, I have not used cashew paste. If you have cashew then you can use it.
You can make various different vrat recipes, some of them are mentioned below.
Tell me in the comments, which recipe do you love from mentioned above.
Shahi Paneer for Vrat
- 150 gram paneer cut in shapes as you like.
- 2 tomatoes
- 2 green chilli
- 1 inch ginger
- fresh cream or Malai
- 3 cubes butter
- Green coriander for garneshing
- ½ teaspoon roasted jeera powder
- Rock salt (sendha namak) according to your taste
- ½ teaspoon black pepper powder
- 2 teaspoon sugar completely optional
- Put a pan on gas flames and put butter on it.
- When butter meltdown, add tomatoes, green chili and ginger paste in it. And mix it well.
- Cover it with lid for 1-2 minutes. Tomatoes will cook at this time.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of roasted cumin seeds, black pepper powder each. And add rock salt (sendha namak) according to your taste. And mix it well.
- Add cream or malai in it and mix it well. Cover it with lid for 1-2 minutes.
- Add 1/2 teaspoon sugar. this step is completely optional.
- Add panner in it. And mix it well.
- Cover it with lid for 1-2 minutes. All the flavours of ingredients will be absorbed paneer.
- You shahi panner for vrat is ready. And garnish it with green coriander.
Shahi Paneer for Vrat Recipe Video
If you want to ask anything related to this recipe or give any suggestion. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.
Never miss a recipe.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get yummy recipes and kitchen tips to your email inbox.