Today I am sharing sabudana kheer recipe with you. It is a sweet dish made with sabudana (tapioca pearls) and milk. This is one of the best sweets recipes for the fasts.
We generally make sabudana kheer in the Navratri vrats or other vrats. I also prepare samak ke chawal ki kheer. But this one taste very good. So, I prefer this one generally. My mother in law likes the samak ke chawal ke kheer.
It is very easy to make. And it is so creamy smooth kheer. You will definitely love it.
A tip while making kheer:
1. We need to cook sabudana completely otherwise, it will not taste good.
2. Sabudana kheer becomes thick after cooling. So, make the consistency little thin. And if you want to have it hot, then no need to add extra milk. But this tip will save your dish.
Below are the recipes which will make your vrat thali complete:
and other recipes are currently on youtube. You can watch the complete playlist of vrats recipes.
How to make sabudana kheer without soaking
Some people make kheer by soaking sabudana into water. Sabudana quality matters a lot. If you have a good quality of sabudana then there is no need to soak it for making its kheer. But if you don’t have a good quality of sabudana then you may need to soak it. It cooks in the boiling milk as well and it becomes soft.
Well, I had a good quality of sabudana. I did not soak it for making kheer. I just washed it in running water. But for making sabudana khichdi I have to soak it.
Always purchase a good quality of sabudana.
Sabudana Kheer Recipe
- 1 cup sabudana
- 1 litre milk
- 1 cup sugar
- 10-12 Almond (Badam) increase of decrease quantity according to your choice
- 10-12 Pistachio (Pista) increase of decrease quantity according to your choice
- few strings of Saffron (Kesar)
- 2 tsp Cardamom seeds (elaichi ke dane)
- Rinse the sabudana pears from water to remove the starch from it.
- Take a pan and boil the milk in it.
- After boiling the milk, simmer the gas stove.
- Add 5-6 strings of kesar (Saffron )in milk, so that the flavor and colour of kesar mix in it.
- Add washed sabudana in it. And mix it well.
- Keep it cook on low flame. And stir it after every few minutes.
- Add crushed cardamom seeds (elaichi ke dane) in it, when milk reduced to half in quantity. And stir it.
- Now add sugar. And stir it.
- Add little bit of badam and pista in it.
- After 2-3 minutes turn of the gas stove.
- Garnish it with badam and pista.
- Adjust the sugar level according to your taste.
- You can add cardamom seeds powder in it also.
- You can add cashew (kaju), kishmish (raisin ), etc in it.
- You can garnish it with kesar also.
- Add more milk in the kheer and make it little thin consistency if you want to serve cold. It becomes thick after cooling.
Sabudana kheer video
If you want to ask anything related to this recipe or give any suggestion. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And Please give a star rating below. If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.
Never miss a recipe.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get yummy recipes and kitchen tips to your email inbox.