This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Upwas dhokla is made in vrats or fasts. It is easy to make and prepared in a few minutes.
If you are tired of having oily and fried food in fasts. This is the perfect light food for vrats.
It is made with samak rice and sabudana. It is a very healthy snack. It is made by steaming the batter of samak rice and sabudana.
You can have this is Navratri fasting, Ekadashi, Pradosh, Shivratri, Janmashtmi vrat, Shivratri etc.
This recipe is made with all the ingredients which are allowed in fasting or vrats.
Try it with mint coriander chutney for better taste.
You can make below food recipes for the vrats.
Chaat recipes: Aloo chaat for vrats,
Vrat thali: Sabudana khichdi, Kuttu ki puri, Aloo tamatar sabji (Potato tomato curry) – Vrat special, Dhaniya pudina chutney – Vrat Special, Aloo raita, Samak ke chawal
Snacks: Sabudana Vada, paneer pakoda for vrat
Sweet recipes for vrat: Sabudana kheer – Sweet recipe, Aloo ka halwa – Sweet dish, Dry Coconut Burfi, Ghiya ki kheer(lauki kheer)
Tell me in the comments which recipe do you like to have in vrat.
- Made from strong and sturdy stainless steel.
- You can make dhokla, khandvi, modaks, momos etc from it. You can also steam vegetables in it.
- It is compatible for gas stove and induction as well.
- 1 cup samak ke chawal
- 1/4 cup sabudana
- 1/2 curd
- 1 teaspoon green chilie and ginger paste
- sendha namak
- black pepper powder
- baking soda
- 3 tablespoon desi ghee
- 2 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 8-10 curry leaves
- 2 green chilies
- 1 glass water
- 2 tablespoon sugar
Prepare batter for dhokla
- Put 1 cup samak rice and ½ cup sabudana in a blender jar. And grind it.
- Keep this in a bowl and put ½ cup of curd in it. Mix it well
- Add ½ cup of water and Mix it
- Cover it with lid and let it rest for 15-20 minutes.
Cooking upwas dhokla
- Add 1 teaspoon sendha namak and 1 teaspoon green chillie and ginger paste.
- Add water if paste is thick.
- Put ½ teaspoon baking soda. And mix it in one direction only.
- Take a container and apply desi ghee on it.
- Now pour the mixture in the container and sprinkle black pepper powder in it.
- On steamer boil the water. And place container on the steamer.
- Cover the lid and steam it from 10-15 minutes.
- Insert tooth pick or knife in it and check it is cooked or not. If knife comes out clean it means it is cooked.
- Remove the container from from steamer. And let the dhokla cool for few minutes.
Making tempering (tadka)
- In a pan heat the desi ghee and add cumin seeds in it.
- Cook it for few seconds.
- Now add curry leaves and green chillies in it and cook it for few minutes.
- Add 1 cup water and add 2 spoon sugar and boil it till sugar is melt
- Cut the dhokla in the pieces .
- Pour the tadka on top of it. And serve it in a plate.
Upwas Dhokla Recipe Video
Did you try this recipe?
Click a picture and mention @foodyshoodyofficial or tag #foodyshoodyofficial us on Instagram.
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes.
If you want to ask about this recipe or give suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.