Samak ke chawal is one of the most healthiest dish in fasts. It is easy and quick to make recipe.
Barnyard millet is the english name of samak ke chawal. It has been eaten in the vrats all over the India. People eat in almost all vrats like navaratri, ekadshi, shivratri etc.
From samak we can make samak ki kheer, namkeen samak ke chawal. Today i am going to share namkeen samak ke chawal. It can be serve with the aloo ka raita and dhaniya pudina ki chutni. You can see both of these recipes on my youtube channel.
Some people do not eat tomatoes in the fasts. So, if you are one of those then do not add tomatoes in this recipe.
Buy main ingredient samak from amazon
Samak Ke Chawal Recipe
- 1 cup Samak ke chawal (wash it in water and remove the water from it)
- 2 tablespoon cooking oil or desi ghee
- half teaspoon cumin seeds
- 2 green chilies finally chopped
- 1 inch ginger finally chopped
- 2 tomatoes chopped in small pieces
- 1 boiled potato chopped in small pieces
- Chopped Coriander for garnishing
- Sendha namak (according to your taste)
- 2 cup water
- Add 2 tablespoon of cooking oil or desi ghee in pan and heat it up.
- Put chopped boiled potato in this oil and fry it little bit. After frying remove it from pan.
- Add half teaspoon cumin seed in left over cooking oil. And let them cook it until its color changes to light brown
- Add 2 finally chopped green chilies in it and saute it until raw flavor of chilies goes away
- Add finally chopped ginger in it and saute it until the raw flavor of ginger vanishes from it. If
- Add chopped tomatoes in it and saute it until raw flavor of its goes away. If you are not having tomatoes in fasts then avoid it. It is completely optional.
- Now add Rock salt (sendha namak) according to your taste and mix it well in tomatoes.
- Add roasted potatoes in it and mix it well.
- Now add samak ke chawal in it and mix it well.
- Add 2 cup of water in it. And mix it will.
- Close the lid of pan and cook it for 8 to 10 minutes
- After 8 to 10 minutes dish is ready. Turn off the gas.
- Serve it serving bowl and garnish it with chopped coriander and lemon juice.
- You can use roasted peanuts in it. It will enhance the taste of the recipe and will add the crunch in the recipe.
- You can use carrot or any other vegetable in it which you have in fasts.
- Tomatoes are optional. Some people do not have tomatoes in fasts. If you are one of these families then don't add this in recipe.
- Use twice the quantity of water of chawal. It is the right proportion to cook this recipe.
- You can add black pepper powder in recipe to enhance taste. I haven't added in my dish but you can add this also in it.
- If you love the spicy dish then you can add more green chilies in it.
If you want to ask anything related to this recipe or give any suggestion. Then you can tell us in comment section. We would love to hear from you.
Never miss a recipe.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get yummy recipes and kitchen tips to your email inbox.