This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Atta halwa is a popular halwa made with wheat flour (atta). This is a popular sweet in North India.
This halwa is so delicious that people use to make it any day or at festivals, celebrations etc.
About Atta Halwa
This atta halwa is made with wheat flour. Then atta is roasted in the desi ghee and when it is roasted then sugar and water are added to it.
This atta halwa is soft and moist in texture. I use to make dry fruits in this halwa.
In this recipe, I have added only raisins in it. But I used to add almonds, cashew etc to it.
Sometimes I add the grated dry coconut to it. This provides a different text and taste to it.
You can serve this atta halwa in the sweet after the meal.
I request you to read my other sweet recipes
Atta Halwa Recipe Video
Atta Halwa | Wheat Halwa
- 1 bowl wheat flour gehu ka atta
- 1 bowl desi ghee
- 1 bowl sugar
- 1 glass water
- turn on the gas and heat the kadai.
- Put all the ghee in it and melt it.
- Add 1 bowl of wheat flour to it.
- Mix it with the spoon and continuously stir it.
- Stir it continuously. And dissolve all the lumps in it. And make sure the gas flame is always on the low medium.
- Now, the lumps in the flour disappear. And you have to stir it continuously, otherwise, it will stick to the pan or kadhai
- You will see that the colour of the halwa is changing. Once its colour changed to brown,
- Then, add the 1 bowl of sugar to it.
- Mix the sugar and add a little bit of water and stir it.
- Stir it and add water in between.
- Now the halwa is thickened and its colour changes to dark brown.
- You will see that that halwa is not sticking to the kadhai. It means it is ready.
- Now, Add raisins to it and mix it well.
- Atta halwa is ready to serve.
- Garnish it with raisins and chopped almonds.
- Add extra desi ghee to increase its flavour of it.
- You can add grated dry coconut on top of it for adding more flavour
If you want to ask about this recipe or give suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.