Do you think making gajar ka halwa is difficult? If yes.
Then I will completely change your mind that making gajar ka halwa is so simple. Just refer to this post in which I have shared the completed step-by-step guide in video and picture.
I have shown the exact steps of making gajar ka halwa in the kadhai. Let’s learn how to make gajar ka halwa recipe.
In India, we make various types of halwa on numerous occasions. And also prepare when we want to have sweets. It is one of the traditional sweets from India.
In India we make various halwa like moong dal halwa, aata halwa, suji ka halwa, badam halwa, gajar ka halwa, besan halwa etc.
Gajar ka halwa and moong dal halwa are one of my favourite halwa.
Gajar is the Hindi name for carrots. In the southern part of India, they call it carrot halwa.
My grandmother used to make gajar ka halwa in huge quantities. She uses the 10 kg gajar for the halwa. And she used a very big kadhai for it.
My mom grated the carrots. And then both of them prepare the halwa. Sometimes kids at home also stir it. We love the taste of my grandmother’s halwa taste.
Gajar ka halwa tastes delicious with lots of dry fruit like cashew, almonds, raisins, pistachio, etc. I have also added dry fruits to it.
Khoya or mawa is added on top of it for giving a more delicious taste. I haven’t added the khoya this time. But at the end of the recipe, I have mentioned steps to make the gajar ka halwa with the khoya.
Gajar ka Halwa Recipe Video
Gajar ka Halwa Recipe
- 1 kg Carrots gajar
- 1 tbsp Desi Ghee
- Raisins kishmish
- 1 ltr full cream milk
- ½ cup Sugar
Washing and Grating Carrots
- Wash carrots and peel them.
- Grate them, and remember not to grate the middle white portion of them.
- Only grate the red or pink part of it.
Frying Dry Fruits
- Take a Pan and heat it
- Add 1 tbsp desi ghee and melt it.
- When the ghee is heated properly, Put chopped cashews, almonds, chironji, etc. and fry it nicely.
- Once the dry fruits are fried. Remove out in a bowl.
Making Gajar ka Halwa
- Now, in the leftover ghee in the pan add grated gajar in it.
- Cook gajar on a medium flame for 2-3 minutes and let them shrink.
- This step is done so that it does not take much time in cooking it with milk and also, and it adds nice taste to it.
- Now, add 1-litre full cream milk into it and mix it a very well.
- Now, we will cook the gajar in the milk.
- Cook for 20-25 minutes on medium flame and stir after a few minutes.
- Cook milk and gajar until it gets soaked and binds easily. Stir it nicely.
- After 20-25 minutes of cooking and stirring. Milk is soaked in the gajar
- Now, add a pinch of cardamom powder.
- Add half a cup of sugar to it or as per your taste.
- Mix it very well.
- Stir it continuously otherwise it may stick to the bottom.
- Once the sugar melts carrots leave the liquid. You need to reduce the liquid.
- Stir continuously to get a good mix
- Cook for some time and let the sugar get soaked and mix nicely and become thick.
- At last, add all the roasted dry fruits to it
- Delicious gajar ka halwa is ready.