Kuttu ki puri is made in the fasting days. As it is one of the dishes which can be had in fasts like Navaratri fast, Ekadashi fast, Shivratri fast etc. English name of kuttu is buckwheat. There are some other flours which we can use in fasts like singhade ka atta(water chestnut flour), rajgira ka atta (amaranth flour).
I like to mix both kuttu ka atta and singhade ka atta with boiled potato for preparing pakodi and puri. But today i am sharing you the recipe of kuttu ki puri in which I have added the boiled mashed potato.
You can have kuttu ki puri with shahi paneer ( i made this recipe for vrat(fasts) only in which I did not use onion, garlic, and other spices but without all taste is very good), aloo ka raita, dry aloo ki sabzi, dhaniya pudina chutney, especially for vrats.
Read complete Samak ke Chawal recipe step by steps instructions. It
Kuttu ki puri making video
Kuttu Ki Puri
- 2 boiled potatoes (roughly mash it )
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (kuttu ka atta)
- 2 finely chopped green chilies
- Rock salt (sendha namak) according to your taste
- 1/4 tea spoon black pepper powder
- fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- Oil for frying puri
Steps of making dough for kutta atta
- Sift the kuttu atta in a big bowl.
- Mix mashed potato, green chilies, finely chopped coriander leaves, 2 tablespoon oil and rock salt according to your taste in kuttu ka atta.
- Add slowly water in it and knead it. And make it a soft dough.
- Cover it with cloth and leave it for 10 minutes.
Rolling kuttu ki puri
- Apply little cooking oil in your hands and make small balls of dough.
- Flatten a ball gently and roll it slowly.
- Add little oil if required. And make small puris. Do not squeeze it too much.
- Carefully lift the puri and keep aside in a plate.
- Repeat these steps with all the balls.
Frying kuttu ki puri
- Heat oil in kadai or pan. We need to check the oil temperature before putting puri in it. For testing oil temperature, put a tiny puri piece in it. If it comes steadily and gradually on top, then oil is medium hot and it is ready for frying puris.
- Slid puri one by one in the hot oil.
- With the help of slotted spoon put little bit of oil on top of puris.
- Turn the puri to second side and fry it gently. If it is not fully golden brown then turn it again.
- Remove puri with the help of slotted spoon.
- Place all puris in kitchen towel for removing excess oil.
- Serve these kuttu ki puris with any curry and vegetables which you made for vrats like paneer recipe, aloo tomato etc.
- Serve it hot every time. It looks very tasty when served hot.
- Use a kitchen towel to remove excess oil and they soak too much oil in it.
- Do not over fry it. It will look bitter in taste.
If you want to ask anything related to this recipe or give any suggestion. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you.
Share this post on your social media accounts.
Never miss a recipe.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get yummy recipes and kitchen tips to your email inbox.