Kuttu ki puri is made in the fasting days. As it is one of the dishes which can be had in fasts like Navaratri fast, Ekadashi fast, Shivratri fast etc. English name of kuttu is buckwheat. There are some other flours which we can use in fasts like singhade ka atta(water chestnut flour), rajgira ka atta (amaranth flour).
I like to mix both kuttu ka atta and singhade ka atta with boiled potato for preparing pakodi and puri. But today i am sharing you the recipe of kuttu ki puri in which I have added the boiled mashed potato.
You can have kuttu ki puri with shahi paneer ( i made this recipe for vrat(fasts) only in which I did not use onion, garlic, and other spices but without all taste is very good), aloo ka raita, dry aloo ki sabzi, dhaniya pudina chutney, especially for vrats.
Read complete Samak ke Chawal recipe step by steps instructions of it.
You can buy kuttu and make atta at home.
Kuttu Ki Puri Recipe
- 2 boiled potatoes (roughly mash it )
- 1 cup buckwheat flour (kuttu ka atta)
- 2 finely chopped green chilies
- Rock salt (sendha namak) according to your taste
- 1/4 tea spoon black pepper powder
- fresh coriander leaves finely chopped
- Oil for frying puri
Steps of making dough for kutta atta
- Sift the kuttu atta in a big bowl.
- Add boiled mashed potatoes in the kuttu flour.
- Add finely chopped green chilies in it. (it is optional, if you want little spice in puris then add it)
- Add 2 tablespoon oil in it
- Add finely chopped coriander leaves in it
- Add black pepper powder in it.
- Add rock salt (sendha namak) according to your taste in it.
- Mix all the ingredients first in it.
- Add slowly little water in it and knead it. And make it a soft dough.
- The soft dough is ready.
- Cover it with cloth or plate and leave it for 10 minutes.
Rolling kuttu ki puri
- Apply little cooking oil in your hands
- Make small balls of dough
- Apply kuttu ka atta on all sides of dough balls.
- Flatten a ball gently and roll it slowly.
- And make small puris. Do not squeeze it too much.
- Carefully lift the puri and keep aside in a plate.
- Repeat these steps with all the balls.
Frying kuttu ki puri
- Heat oil in kadhai or pan. We need to check the oil temperature before putting puri in it. For testing oil temperature, put a tiny puri piece in it. If it comes steadily and gradually on top, then the oil is medium hot and it is ready for frying puris.
- Slid puri one by one in the hot oil.
- With the help of slotted spoon put a little bit of oil on top of puris.
- Turn the puri to the second side and fry it gently. If it is not fully golden brown then turn it again.
- Remove puri with the help of a slotted spoon.
- Place all puris in a kitchen towel for removing excess oil.
- Serve these kuttu ki puris with any curry and vegetables which you made for vrats like paneer recipe, aloo tomato sabzi, etc.
- Serve it hot every time. It looks very tasty when served hot.
- Use a kitchen towel to remove excess oil and they soak too much oil in it.
- Do not over fry it. It will look bitter in taste.
Kuttu ki puri making video
If you want to ask anything related to this recipe or give any suggestion. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And Please give a star rating below. If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.
Never miss a recipe.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get yummy recipes and kitchen tips to your email inbox.