Seviyan Kheer Recipe
This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Seviyan kheer is a delicious indian sweet recipe. It is easy to prepare like the other kheer recipes.
We make this kheer at festivals and when we like to have it.
Let’s learn how to make seviyan kheer recipe. In this post I have also shared the recipe video with you.
About Seviyan Kheer
Seviyan kheer is also known as sevai kheer, vermicelli kheer, semiya kheer, jawe ki kheer etc. Vermicelli is the English name of seviyan.
This seviyan is made with maida or sooji (suji) or sooji mixed in the maida. Vermicelli is easily available in the market or on amazon. I prefer the homemade sevian. You can read my post on how to make raw seviyan.
Seviyan kheer is easy to make like other kheer recipes. You can check my other kheer recipes like rice kheer, sabudana kheer, lauki kheer, makhana kheer, samak ke chawal kheer etc.
You just need to boil the milk and add vermicelli to it. Then you need to cook it for few minutes. Then add sugar, dry fruits etc. to it. Your kheer is ready for serving.
You can make other dishes from seviyan also like namkeen seviyan, chowmein seviyan etc.
Seviyan kheer recipe video
Seviyan Kheer Recipe
- 1/2 bowl Seviyan
- 1 bowl sugar
- 1 litre milk
- 1 tbsp desi ghee
- 2 cardamom elaichi
- raisins kishmish
- almonds badam
- pistachio pista
- boil the milk on the gas.
- In another pan, heat it.
- Add 1 tbsp desi ghee to it. And let it melt.
- Add seviyan to it. And roast it until its colour change to a golden brown.
- Once the milk boils stir it once.
- Add roasted seviyan to the milk.
- Stir it once. And cook them for 10-15 minutes on low medium flame.
- Now you can see that they are half-cooked.
- Add chopped almonds(badam) and raisins(kishmish) to it.
- Mix them well.
- cook for another 10-15 minutes. And in the middle stir it.
- Add sugar to it.
- Mix it well.
- Add elaichi powder to it. And mix it well,
- Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Serve in the bowl and garnish it with the dry fruits.
- Add pistachio (pista) for more flavour.
- If you like cashew (kaju) then you can add them.
- Add 3-4 strings of kesar for more fragrance and flavour.
- If you prefer thick kheer. Then thicken the milk by boiling it for a few more minutes.
Did you try this recipe?
Click a picture and mention @foodyshoodyofficial or tag #foodyshoodyofficial us on Instagram.
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes.
If you want to ask about this recipe or give suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.