This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Bread ghevar is a different variation from traditional ghevar. This ghevar recipe satisfies your craving for ghevar.
Ghevar sells around the Teej and Raksha Bandhan festival. But you can have this unique bread ghevar recipe any time in the year.
Traditionally, ghevar is made from maida. Then the mixture of all-purpose flour is fried in the ghee. Then the special ring of metal is placed inside the kadai to give the round shape to the ghevar.
After frying, that ghevar is soaked for a few seconds in the sugar syrup. This is the base of ghevar.
This ghevar is just garnished with dry fruit. and it is ready for selling. Other variations of ghevar like mava ghevar, malai ghevar, rabri ghevar also sell in the market.
This recipe of bread ghevar is made instantly. And it is very easy to prepare.
In this variation of ghevar. We will not use all purpose flour for making ghevar. Instead of that, we will use white bread for making the base of ghevar.
Then on top of it, we will apply rabri. You can read the rabri recipe.
I request you to read my other sweet recipes:
Bread Ghevar Recipe Video
Bread ka Ghevar
- 5 brown/white bread slices
- 1 cup sugar
- ½ cup water
- Desi Ghee
- Finely chopped almond
- Finely chopped pistachio
- Silver leaf chandi ka vark
- Take one bread slice and cut it into a circle with the help of a bowl. Remove the extra bread from the edges.
- In the same slice, cut out a small circle from the centre using a cap of a bottle so that its shape looks like a ghewar.
- Repeat the process with all the bread slices.
- Heat a pan, pour 1 cup sugar and ½ cup water into it.
- Let the sugar melt. Take a drop of sugar syrup on your finger and thumb. And check 1 string or sugar string (1 taar) is formed or not. If it does not break that means your 1 string (1 taar) chashni or 1 string sugar syrup is ready.
- Turn off the flame and keep it aside to cool.
- Heat desi ghee, in a pot (kadai)
- Turn the flame to high medium, put a bread slice into it and fry it from both the sides till golden brown. Frying will probably take 5-7 minutes.
- Fry all the bread slices in the same way.
- Now take the slices and lightly coat them in sugar syrup. If you do not like much sugar then avoid this step of coating it in sugar syrup.
- Spread rabri on the top of the ghewar.
- Apply the silver leaf (chandi ka vark) to ghevar.
- Garnish it with finely chopped almond and pistachio.
- Delicious bread rabri ghewar is ready to serve.