This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Kachalu chaat is a delicious chaat made with kachalu (colocasia root). It is one of the delicious chaat which you can have with any Indian meal or put on top of dahi bhalla, raj kachori, and papdi chaat.
This is simple and quick to prepare chaat. It is a little sweet, sour, and spicy in taste.
Let’s learn how to make kachalu chaat recipe quickly.
What is kachalu chaat?
Kachalu chaat is made by boiling kachalu (colocasia root), after that different spices, ginger, chillies and chutney are added to it.
You can keep it in the refrigerator and serve it when required. It does not spoil but I suggest you have it in 1-2 days maximum.
Add few pieces of kachulu chaat on top of dahi bhalla (dahi vada), raj kachori and papdi chaat. It will increase its taste of it.
You can have it with roti, parathas and poori.
Try it with nachos and chips, you will love the taste of it.
You can further read my other chaat recipes
Read my other snacks recipes
Kachalu Chaat Recipe Video
Kachalu Chaat Recipe
- 500 gram Kachalu colocasia roots
- 2-3 Chopped Green chilli
- 1 inch ginger Cut into thin slices
- 1 Lemon juice
- 1 tsp Roasted Cumin powder
- ½ tsp Salt as per taste
- ½ tsp Black salt
- ½ tsp Chaat masala
- 1 tsp Bhura sugar
- ½ tsp Black pepper
- Dhania pudina chutney optional
- 2-3 tbsp Imli pulp optional
- Take 500 grams of kachalu and pressure cook into cooker until 3-4 whistles comes.
- After peeling, cut into small pieces.
- Add kachalu to a bowl
- then add chopped green chillies and ginger into it
- Add 1/2 tsp black pepper powder
- Add 1/2 tsp chaat masala, 1/2 tsp black salt, 1/2 tsp salt or as per taste
- Add 1 spoon bura, 1 lemon juice and 1 tsp roasted jeera powder
- Mix it well
- if you have dhaniya pudina chutney then you can add that also. It is an optional ingredient.
- Kachalu chaat is ready. Serve in a serving bowl. Garnish it with some roasted cumin powder and chaat masala on top while serving
You can use honey instead of the bura sugar.
If you want to ask about this recipe or give suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.