Moong Dal Cheela Recipe – Stuffed and Plain
This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Moong dal cheela is a healthy and delicious cheela made with moong lentils (dal).
I will show you the plain and stuffed moong dal cheela recipe.
It is a perfect breakfast as well as a snack recipe. And also it is very filling.
What is moong dal cheela
It is an Indian pancake. It is made with soaked moong dal and prepared like the dosa.
Some ingredients are also added to the moong dal.
As I earlier said, you can made it in two ways plain moong dal cheela and stuffed moong dal cheela. I will show you both.
For the stuffing, I have used paneer and peas. You can use any vegetable stuffing in it.
You can directly add finely chopped vegetables like onion, tomato, capsicum, beans, carrots etc. in the batter and make cheela of it. Else you can make stuffing of vegetables also, simply put all the vegetables in the pan and saute it and a little bit of spices in it.
Soaking of moong dal for cheela
You need to soak moong dal for making cheela. If you are going to make it in the morning, then soak it in the night. And if you are going to make it in the evening or in lunch for kids. Then soak it in the morning.
You can use split and whole moong dal. I have used moong dal without husk (chilka). If you use moong dal with chilka then your cheela will be of green colour.
This cheela is also called pudlas, polis, and pudas in India. It is very famous in North India like Delhi, Rajasthan, Gujrat etc.
Health benefits of moong dal cheela
Moong dal has many health benefits which are mentioned below.
- rich in fiber
- high in protein
- helps in loose weight
- low in fat food
- helps in lower the high cholesterol level
- rich in Vitamin A, B, C and E and have many minerals like iron, calcium, potassium
You can have this with mint coriander chutney, tomato ketchup and sweet tamarind chutney.
You can see my street food recipe collection in which I have mentioned various street food recipes.
Samosa recipe, aloo chaat recipe, momos , momos chutney recipe, chowmein roll recipe, spring roll recipe, pav bhaji, white sauce pasta, Aloo tikki, veg spring roll, moong dal cheela.
Stuffed Moong Dal Cheela Recipe
- 1 cup moong dal
- 1 inch ginger
- 1 chilli
- green coriander
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1 bowl boiled peas
- 100-200 gram paneer
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Steps for making batter for cheela
- Soak moong dal in water for 2 to 3 hours. After soaking, drain the water from it.
- Put soaked moong dal in blender and add little water in it.
- Add cumin seeds, green chillies and ginger in it.
- Grind it until it becomes a smooth paste. When you add water in it, do not add too much water in it. Otherwise it will not grind evenly. We require a smooth paste of it.
- Remove it in a bowl.
- Add salt in it and mix it.
- If it is too thick then add little bit water in it.
- Make a dosa like consistency.
- Add coriander leaves in it. And mix it
Prepare stuffing for moong dal cheela
- Grate the paneer
- Add boiled peas, salt and 1/2 teaspoon black pepper powder in it. And mix it.
Making cheela on tawa
- Heat the tawa on gas.
- Spread some oil on the tawa. And clean the tawa with tissue paper.
- Put the batter on tawa with the spoon. And spread batter in circular motion. Make sure that flame is low.
- Spread the oil on top and on all sides of the dosa. Cook it on high flame.
- After 1 to 2 minutes. The edges will lose the tawa itself.
- Flip it once it is cook from one side.
- Cook it from other side as well.
- Put the stuffing in the middle of the cheela
- Fold it. And remove it in plate.
- Before making next chilla, Clean the tawa every time.
Moong Dal Cheela Recipe Video
Pin this image on Pinterest if you like this recipe.
Did you try this recipe?
Click a picture and mention @foodyshoodyofficial or tag #foodyshoodyofficial us on Instagram.
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes.
If you want to ask about this recipe or give suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.