This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Bread besan toast recipe is a healthy Indian toast recipe. It is prepared in a few minutes.
You need bread, besan (gram flour or chickpea flour) and a few Indian spices for it.
Let’s learn how to make bread besan toast on tawa. I have shown the exact step-by-step recipe in the video below.
What is bread besan toast
Bread besan toast is the vegetarian version of egg toast. It looks like egg toast. But I am vegetarian and only make and publish vegetarian dishes. Only the looks resemble the egg toast. Rest the recipe is completely different.
For making this we use gram flour/chickpea flour (besan), slices of bread and a few spices.
Paste of besan is made after adding spices. Then the bread is dipped into it. Then it is cooked on the tawa by applying ghee or oil.
This recipe is simple and easy to prepare. And also full of nutrients. Kids and elders love this besan toast recipe.
This bread besan toast also called besan bread toast, bread with besan, besan bread sandwich and bread toast with besan
It is served with hot tea or coffee. It is accompanied by tomato ketchup, imli chutney, and mint coriander chutney. I always take tea along with any chutney available at that time.
My snack recipes made with besan or dal
You can refer to my other snack recipe made with bread
Bread Besan Toast Recipe Video
Besan Bread Toast Recipe | How to make bread besan toast
- 2 bread slices
- 1 bowl besan
- 3 medium size onions finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 3 tbsp desi ghee
- red chilli powder
- garam masala powder
- turmeric powder haldi powder
- Coriander powder dhaniya powder
- In a big bowl, put besan, add finely chopped onions and green chillies.
- Now add 1 tsp salt, ½ tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp garam masala powder, 1 tsp dhaniya powder, and 1/4 tsp haldi powder to it.
- Mix it well.
- Now add little water and make a paste of it.
- Add water little by little and make a batter.
- The batter should not be too thick like we make for pakoras. and it should not be too runny (thin) in consistency.
- Take a bread slice and spread the batter on one side of the bread.
- Turn on the gas and heat the tawa or nonstick tawa.
- Spread some ghee on the tawa.
- Place the bread on the tawa the batter side should be on the tawa.
- Now apply batter on the other side of the bread.
- Apply some ghee on the upper side of the bread.
- Turn the bread after 2-3 minutes.
- Cook them from both sides until they are golden brown or the batter is cooked.
- Press the bread with the spatula or spoon in between to cook it evenly from all sides.
- Serve it with tomato chutney, dhaniya pudina chutney or tomato ketchup. And enjoy it with tea or coffee.
If you want to ask about this recipe or give suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.