This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Veg seekh kabab recipe with detailed video instructions. Veg seekh kabab recipe is a different version of non-veg seekh kabab.
In this veg seekh kabab recipe, we will use lots of different vegetables to make seekh kabab.
This is a vegetable snack made with lots of vegetables and spices in it.
About Veg Seekh Kabab
In this recipe of veg seekh kabab, we will wrap a mixture of cooked vegetables around the skewers and then cook it on the tawa.
Traditionally this recipe is made in the tandoor, but we will make this recipe on the tawa.
It is usually served with tomato ketchup and mint coriander chutney.
This recipe is a vegetarian version of seekh kabab, in that they use meat instead of vegetables. But this is a vegetarian recipe blog, so this is the vegetarian version of it.
Veg means vegetables used and vegetarian recipe. And skewers means seekh in the Hindi language. That’s why its name is veg seekh kabab.
Veg Seekh Kabab Recipe Video
Veg Seekh Kabab Recipe
- 2 Boiled Potatoes Grated
- 1 medium-size Carrot Grated
- 1 bowl Grated Paneer
- 1 bowl Cauliflower Grated
- 1 bowl french beans chopped
- 1 bowl Cheese Grated
- 2 tbsp Desi Ghee
- 2 green chilli finely chopped
- 1 inch Ginger Grated
- ½ tsp Salt
- 1 tbsp besan roasted
- ¾ tsp Coriander Powder
- ½ tsp Cumin seeds jeera
- ¼ tsp Red chilli Powder
- pinch of kasuri methi powder
- 1 tsp Chaat Masala
- sticks for seekh kebab
- Heat a Pan and add little desi ghee to it.
- Once the ghee is hot, add ½ tsp cumin seeds to it.
- After jeera is cooked, add grated carrot, chopped beans, grated cauliflower. And mix it well.
- Cook it until its moisture is evaporated. Keep it aside on a plate and let them cool down.
- After it cools down, add ½ tsp salt, ¼ tsp red chilli powder, ¾ tsp coriander powder, a pinch of kasuri methi powder, 1 tsp chaat masala, 1 tbsp roasted besan, ¼ bowl cheese, 1/4 bowl paneer, 1 bowl boiled Potato 2 green chilli, 1 inch grated ginger.
- Mix it well with your hands.
- Take a stick in hand and take a mixture in hand and start pressing tightly around the stick. And bind them on a stick.
- Repeat the same process for rest.
- Heat the tawa on the gas stove.
- Put little desi ghee and let it hot.
- Place sticks on tawa and cooks it on medium flames until it becomes golden brown from one side.
- Turn the stick to cook it from another side. And keep turning it until it turns golden brown from all the sides.
- Now the seekh kebab has cooked nicely. Serve on a plate.
- Soak sticks in the water for 10-15 minutes. So that it will not burn while making kabab.
- If your mixture is loose or not binding to the stick. Then add a little more roasted besan or bread crumbs in it.
- If your kababs are sticking to the tawa, then add a little more desi ghee on it.
- If you do not have wooden sticks, then you can make patties or give them any shape you like.
How do you put kebabs on seekh?
For putting kabab on seekh you need to take a skewer (seekh) in hand and take a mixture in hand and start pressing tightly around the stick. And bind them on a stick.
How can we prevent seekh kabab from falling off a skewer?
1. Mixture should not be too soft for applying on the skewer.
2. When you apply mixture on the skewer (seekh) there should not be any air gap in that.
3. Press tightly around the stick and make sure it stick to the seekh.
What is the difference between Shami and seekh kebab?
Shami kabab is the the tikki shape. Where as seekh kabab is prepared after sticking it on the seekh(skewer) and then cooked in the tandoor.
Is Kebab an Indian food?
Kabab is not an Indian food. It originated from the middle eastern cuisine.
Is Kebab a snack?
Yes, kabab is a snack. Kabab is a perfect party snack. It can be served in kids party, birthday party, marriages etc.
Is kabab Veg or non veg?
There are vegetarian and non-vegetarian versions of kabab available in the market. Traditionally, kabab is a non vegetarian dish. But the vegetarian version of kabab is also made in homes and restaurant.
How do you keep your kebabs from breaking?
1. Your mixture should not be too soft, otherwise it will break and fall.
2. Make him thicker by adding roasted besan or bread crums.