This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Chana chaat is a tasty, tangy and different type of chaat snack. In this chana chaat recipe, boiled chickpea is tossed with freshly chopped tomatoes, onions, cucumber, green chillies, and some spices.
It is spicy, and sour with the crunch of fresh onion and cucumber makes it very delicious.
This recipe is prepared in a few minutes if you have boiled chickpeas. I made this recipe with black chickpea (kala chana).
You can have this snack any time of the day. You can add other vegetables like boiled potatoes, carrots, broccoli etc.
About Chana Chaat
Chana chaat is very popular in India. You will find it mostly on street vendors, pushcarts selling snacks etc.
Many version of this snack is served by these vendors. Everyone makes a different version of it. Some add green chutney, some add tamarind chutney, some add curd etc.
You can make this chaat with white chickpea (kabuli chana) or black chickpea (kala chana). The taste of the chaat will be changed but you will love it.
This recipe is full of nutrients and has various health benefits like protein, fibre, carbs etc. People who want to gain weight can have this recipe frequently.
Chana Chaat Recipe Video
Chana Chaat Recipe | Kala Chana Chaat Recipe
- 1 cup chana
- 1 onion
- 1 tomato
- ½ cucumber
- 2 green chilli
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- ¼ tsp black salt
- coriander leaves
- mint leaves
- ½ lemon juice
- soak the chana in water for at least 6-7 hours.
- Put them in a pressure cooker with water, add 1 tsp salt and pressure cook it until 3-4 whistles come.
- After that remove the water from it. And take out in the big bowl. And let it cool down.
- Add 1 finely chopped onion to it.
- Add 1 finely chopped tomato to it.
- Now, add ½ finely chopped cucumber to it.
- Now, add 2 finely chopped green chilli to it.
- Add ½ tsp salt or according to your taste.
- Now add ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- Now, add ½ tsp chaat masala to it.
- Add ¼ tsp black salt to it for more flavour
- Add a few leaves of mint and coriander leaves.
- Mix it well.
- You chaat is ready to serve.