This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Palak patta chaat is a very different kind of chaat snack. This is made with the palak (spinach). This is not a common snack. It is not available at every place like other chaats.
This palak patta chaat recipe is made by frying besan coated palak. And then it is served in the chaat style.
Let’s learn how to make palak patta chaat recipe.
What is palak patta chaat?
Palak patta chaat is made with palak. The palak is coated in the batter of gram flour and rice. Then the thin pakora is prepared.
On top of it onions, imli chutney, curd, mint and coriander chutney are served. Then it is garnished with pomegranate, sev bhujia for adding additional flavour.
This chaat is easy to prepare and prepared in a few minutes.
You need only tamarind chutney and mint and coriander chutney. So, make them in advance and keep them in the fridge.
As we know that palak is full of nutrients and it is one of the best ways to feed our kid’s palak.
I request you to further read my other delicious chaat recipes:
Palak Patta Chaat Recipe Video
Palak Patta Chaat Recipe
- 100 gram fresh spinach leaves palak
- 1 cup gram flour besan
- 1 tbsp rice flour
- ½ tsp salt
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp amchur
- ½ tsp garam masala
- oil for frying
- 1 chopped onion
- ½ bowl mint and coriander chutney
- ½ bowl imli chutney
- 1 bowl curd
- chaat masala
- Sev bhujia
- Wash the palak leaves and let them dry.
- in a bowl add 1 cup besan and 1 tbsp rice flour.
- Then add ½ tsp salt, 1 tsp coriander powder, ¼ tsp red chilli powder, ½ tsp amchur, and ½ tsp garam masala to it.
- And mix it well.
- Add little water and mix it well.
- Again add little water and mix it.
- We need to add little water every time so that lump does not form. We need to make a smooth running consistency of the batter.
- Heat the oil for frying in a kadhai. The oil should be medium hot.
- Dip each of the spinach leaves in the batter and put them in the oil for frying.
- Once it fries from one side then turn it.
- Remove them to the plate once they are fried from both sides.
- Place a few fried palak patta on the plate.
- Put some chopped onion on it.
- Then add a little bit of mint coriander chutney.
- And add imli chutney on top of it.
- Put a little bit of smooth curd on top of it.
- sprinkle chaat masala on top it.
- Garnish it with sev bhujia.
- Add some anar dana on top of it.
- Your palak patta chaat is ready.