This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Do you know the dhokla recipe? if not, then I will teach you how to make dhokla recipe.
Dhokla is a steamed snack made with besan (gram flour) and a few spices. It is a soft, spongy, and delicious snack.
Let’s learn how to make dhokla recipe. I have made a video to show the exact steps of making it.
Dhokla is a snack from Gujarati cuisine in India. It is one of the most have to snacks in Gujarat as well as the whole of India. All most all the Gujaratis know how to make it. But other people do not know how to make perfect dhokla.
They try to make it but their dhokla is not spongy. You need to follow my recipe for an exact market-like taste.
My snack recipes made with besan or dal
You can refer to my other snack recipe which i posted on the blog.
Dhokla Recipe Video
- 2 bowl besan
- 1 tbsp eno
- 1 lemon juice
- 2 tbsp suji
- turmeric powder haldi
- sugar chini
- salt namak
- cooking oil
- 10-12 curry leaves
- 3-4 green chillies
- asafoetida hing
- cooking oil
- In a big bowl put the besan to it.
- Add suji to it.
- Add sugar to it. And mix it well.
- Add little water and mix it well.
- Make a smooth batter and make sure there are no lumps to it.
- Add turmeric powder, salt and lemon juice to it.
- Mix it well. The batter should not be too thick and too runny.
- Cover it with the plate for 10-15 minutes.
- In a big pot or kadhai or cooker. Add 1-2 glasses of water.
- Cover with the plate and boil the water.
- Grease the plate which has corners or dhokla plate with the oil.
- In the batter add eno powder and add 1 tbsp water and mix it well. And make sure that you are doing it at the speed.
- Put the batter on the greased plate. And gently tap the plate to the surface so that the batter spread evenly.
- Place the plate inside the pot carefully and cover it with the plate.
- And on the slow gas flame steam it for 15-20 minutes. Do not remove the plate in between.
- Now, insert the fork or knife into it for checking that it is steamed perfectly or not. If it does not come out clean then again steam it for 2-3 minutes.
- Heat the pan and add 1/2 tsp oil to it.
- Add 1/4 tsp hing to it.
- Add 1 tsp rai to it.
- Mix it well and let it splutter.
- Add green chillies slit from the middle to it.
- Add curry leaves to it. And let the cook a little bit.
- Add around 1 glass of water to it.
- Add 2 tsp sugar and 1 tsp salt to it.
- On a high flame melt the sugar and let them dissolve to it.
- Once the boils come, turn off the gas stove. And let the tadka cool down.
- Loosen the sides with the knife of the dhokla. Place a plate on top of the dhokla plate. Invert the dhokla to the plate.
- Now cut the dhokla into the desired shapes.
- Pour the tadka water on top of the dhokla with the spoon. And now slowly put all the dhokla tadka on the dhokla.
- Dhokla is ready for serving.
If you want to ask about this recipe or give suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.