Jawa Kaise Tode – How to make raw seviyan (vermicelli)
This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Learn how to make raw seviyan (vermicelli) at home. Or we can say jawa kaise tode in the Hindi language.
Generally, we buy vermicelli from the market. Mostly, machine-made seviyan are available in the market. In some places, handmade seviyan or vermicelli are also available.
In this post, we will learn how to make seviyan/vermicelli from the hand at home.
These are made with maida and sooji. A dough of maida and suji is made then the thin thread is prepared with the hands and the small pieces break from the thread. Then they are dried in the sunlight. After that, we roast them in desi ghee. And they are prepared.
In India, we call them seviyan or jawa or jawe. And in the English language vermicelli is the name.
We made these jawa before the Raksha Bandhan festival. And these are given as gifts to the mother to his married daughter. I also get these as a gift before Raksha Bandhan.
These jawa or seviyan used in making seviyan kheer and namkeen seviyan (seviyan upma).
I love the salty variant of it. I and my daughter love to have this namkeen seviyan.
How long you can store seviyan/jawa
Jawa Kaise Tode Video
Homeemade jave / seviyan
- 4-5 tbsp maida
- 1 tbsp sooji
- desi ghee
- In a bowl add the sooji and desi ghee.
- Mix them well.
- Add a little bit of water and knead the dough.
- Make sure the dough is tight just like you made for the puris.
- Apply desi ghee on the dough and kneed it on again.
- And make it soft.
- Cover it with a plate or piece of cloth.
- Pinch small balls of dough.
- And cover the rest of the dough with the plate or kitchen towel.
- Roll the corner of the ball between your palm. And try to make a thin thread with it.
- Once it is 3-4 inches long. Then, break it from the dough ball.
- Pinch the little piece from the dough thread. It should not be more than the size of the rice. Then Roll it with your index finger and thumb. And try to make it even more thinner.
- And then keep that on the plate.
- Repeat the above steps and make a seviyan of all the dough.
- Now you need to dry it for 2-3 days at room temperature or in the sunlight.
- Heat the pan. Add 1-2 tsp desi ghee and let it melt.
- Add the seviyan to it.
- And roast them for 2-3 minutes or until they are golden brown from all sides.
- Roast from all the sides.
- Leave it aside for cooling.
- Store them in an air-tight container for later use.
Did you try this recipe?
Click a picture and mention @foodyshoodyofficial or tag #foodyshoodyofficial us on Instagram.
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes.
If you want to ask about this recipe or give suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.