This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Sooji cheela recipe is a delicious, nutritious and easy-to-prepare chilla.
This tasty chilla recipe is prepared in a few minutes. Ad they are so easy to prepare that you can make in breakfast and snack.
Let’s learn how to make sooji cheela at home. I have shown the exact steps in the video as well as pictures.
These chillas are salty in taste. And you adjust the spiciness of it according to your taste.
This sooji cheela is also known as rava chilla.
My daughter loves this suji chilla. She loves sweet corn and peas inside it.
In this version, I have added only onion and tomato to it. But try to add other vegetables also.
For making it more nutritious you can add other vegetables like onion, tomatoes, capsicum, corn, peas, cabbage, carrot etc. You can do a little experiment by adding boiled broccoli etc.
Have it with tomato ketchup or mint coriander chutney. It will enhance its taste of it.
You can refer to my other nutritious chilla recipes:
Another nutritious recipe made with suji/rava is suji upma recipe(rava upma recipe)
You can try my other snacks recipe which you can enjoy.
Sooji Cheela Recipe Video
- 1 bowl Sooji / Rava
- 3-4 tbsp curd dahi
- 2 green chilli finely chopped
- 2 medium size tomato
- 2 medium size onion
- ½ tsp Coriander powder Dhaniya powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- First of all sieve the sooji with the help of a sieve (chalni).
- In a big a bowl add suji and add 3-4 tbsp curd to it.
- Mix it well with the help of a spoon.
- Now add little water to make a batter. And mix it well.
- Add water little by little and make a consistency that should not be runny or like the pakoras.
- Add green chillies to it.
- Now add tomatoes to it.
- Add chopped onion to it.
- And mix them well. Add water if required.
- Add ½ tsp dhaniya powder, ½ tsp red chilli powder, and 1 tsp salt or as per your taste.
- And mix them well.
- Leave the batter aside for 10-15 minutes.
- Heat the tawa or nonstick pan on the gas stove
- spread little cooking oil on the tawa.
- Put some batter on the tawa. And spread it with a spoon. Make sure the gas is on the low flame.
- Put little cooking oil on top of the cheela
- Flip it once and cook it from another side also.
- Flip it two-three times until it becomes golden brown from all sides. In between press it with the spatula to cook it evenly from all sides.
- Once the tawa is heated to the right temperature. You can make cheela on low-medium flame also.
- Make all the cheela in the same way.
- Serve it with tomato ketchup, imli chutney, and mint coriander chutney.
If you want to ask about this recipe or give suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.