This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Poha cutlet is a simple but delicious dish made with poha and vegetables like potatoes etc.
It is crispy and golden brown on the outside and soft on the inside. It is a perfect snack as well as a breakfast recipe. Even you can give this to kids in a lunch box.
In this post, you will learn the poha cutlet recipe with steps in videos.
Poha is the main ingredient of this recipe. I have added boiled potatoes to it for binding.
You can use any other vegetables like peas, carrots, cauliflower, onions, french beans etc. in this. In this recipe, I have used only potatoes as vegetables so we can say it aloo poha cutlet recipe.
This poha is full of nutrients. Read poha health benefits.
I serve it hot with tomato ketchup and mint and coriander chutney.
You can use this cutlet in the burger or sandwich as a patty.
If you want to make poha cutlets for kids then do not add green chiles and red chilli powder. Else, the recipe is the same.
You can check my street food recipe collection.
Poha Cutlet Recipe Video
Poha Cutlet Recipe | Aloo Poha Cutlet Recipe
- 1 cup poha
- 2 boiled potatoes
- 2 inch Ginger
- 2 Green chillies
- ¼ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp chilli powder
- ¼ tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp cornflour
- Handful fresh coriander leaves
- 2 tbsp cornflour
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp black pepper powder
- 2 tbsp of water
- A plate full of bread crumbs
- Oil for frying
- In a bowl, take 1 cup poha and pour 1 glass of water into the bowl. Wash the poha well, no need for soaking it.
- Now with the help of a strainer, drain all the water and take out the poha in another bowl.
- Add 2 mashed boiled potatoes to the poha.
- Add grated ginger and finely chopped green chillies to it.
- Add ¼ tsp turmeric, ½ tsp chilli powder, ¼ tsp garam masala, 1 tsp chaat masala, ½ tsp salt, ½ tsp cornflour to the bowl.
- Mix it well with your hands.
- Add a handful of fresh coriander leaves and mix it well.
- Apply oil on your palms and make round balls from the dough. Flatten slightly from the top to give a nice shape to the cutlets. Its shape looks like the tikki shape. Place all the cutlets on a plate.
- Now take a bowl and add 2 tbsp cornflour, ¼ tsp salt, ¼ tsp black pepper powder, 2 tbsp water and mix it into a flowing consistency.
- Now take one cutlet and put it into the cornflour batter. With the help of a spoon cover the cutlet properly with the batter.
- Put the cutlet into the plate having bread crumbs and coat it on all sides. Do this to all the cutlets and keep placing them on a plate.
- Heat oil in a pan for shallow frying. Once the oil is heated, put the cutlets in it one by one.
- Fry them till their colour changes to a golden brown. Flip them and fry from the other side as well.
- Take the cutlets out and serve with your favourite sauce and chutney.