This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Tori ki sabji or turai ki sabji is a simple but nutritious sabji. Generally, people do not like to have tori.
But, if you make tori ki sabzi from our method then you will love to have this sabji.
Let’s learn tori ki sabji recipe in the step by step video.
Tori has different names like turai or nenua. It is called ridge gourd in English.
It is readily available in the summers and also at a cheap price.
It is full of nutrients and has various health benefits like it promotes weight loss, boosting immunity, regulating blood sugar etc.
This is a gravy version of the sabji. In the other version, we make it with the channa dal or moong dal.
It has a thick gravy. And you can have it with roti or paratha.
You can further read my other sabji recipes like
Tori ki Sabji Video
Tori ki Sabzi
- 2 tbsp desi ghee
- ½ tsp jeera
- ¼ tsp sauf
- Pinch of asafoetida hing
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 2-3 cloves of garlic optional
- 2 onions sliced
- 2 big tomatoes puree
- ½ tsp haldi powder
- 2 tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ kg tori
- ½ tsp garam masala
- coriander for garnishing
- Heat a kadai and add 2 tbsp desi ghee to it.
- Once the ghee is hot add ½ tsp jeera to it.
- Then add, ¼ tsp sauf to it.
- Add a pinch of asafoetida (hing) to it.
- Then add 2 finely chopped green chillies and 1 inch finely chopped ginger to ti.
- Mix them well and fry them.
- Add 2 sliced onions to it.
- Cook the onions for 1-2 minutes.
- Add ½ tsp haldi powder, 2 tsp coriander powder, ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder to it.
- And mix them well. And cook it until they release oil from sides.
- Add 2 big tomatoes puree to it.
- And add ½ tsp salt to it.
- Mix them well.
- Cover it with lid and cook it for few minutes.
- Add ½ kg tori to it. And mix them well.
- Cover it with the lid and cook them on low flame for 7-8 minutes.
- Mix them well and check that they are cooked or not.
- If they are not fully cooked then cook it for 2-3 minutes more.
- Add ½ tsp garam masala to it. And mix it well.
- Tori ki sabji is ready. Serve it with roti or paratha.
- You can reduce its water more if you want.
If you want to ask anything related to this recipe or give any suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.