This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Bharwa baingan recipe or stuffed brinjal recipe is a delicious Punjabi recipe made with baingan stuffed with spiced filling and prepared in the tomato gravy.
The main taste of this recipe is his masala. If you prepare the right masala then it will taste good.
- Selection of right brinjal(baingan): Always take tender and small brinjal for this recipe.
- You can use onions with tomatoes gravy. Add chopped onions before adding tomato gravy.
What to have with bharwa bainan recipe?
You can have bharwa baingan with roti, paratha. Take light any dal with it to balance the masala with it. Accompany with raita. I prefer to make boondi raita or onion raita or aloo raita with it. You can take plain curd also.
You can also read my other bharwa vegetable recipes (bharwa sabjis):
Bharwa Bhindi recipe
Bharwa Baingan Recipe Video
Bharwa Baingan Recipe | Stuffed Brinjal Recipe
- 500 gm smaall brinjal baingan
- 2 tbsp peanuts moongfali
- 1 tbsp sauf
- 1 tbsp fenugreek methi dana
- 1 tbsp cumin seeds jeera
- 1/2 tsp red chilli powder
- 1/4 tsp haldi powder
- 1.5 tsp salt
- 1 tsp amchur powder
- 3 tbsp oil sarso oil
- 1 bay leaf tej patta
- 2 cloves laung
- 1 black cardamom
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
- 1/4 tsp haldi powder
- 2 big tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp amchur
- Slit the brinjal from the base in the plus shape. Do not make 4 pieces of it. Leave the stem intact. Check that it does not have worms.
- In a hot pan add 2 tbsp of peanuts, 1 tbsp of each of sauf, meethi dana and jeera and roast them.
- Once the aroma of these ingredients come, turn off the gas and remove to a bowl for cooling down.
- Add 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/4 tsp haldi powder, 1.5 tsp salt, 1 tsp amchur powder in the roasted ingredients and roughly grind it in a mixer.
- Now fill the masala in the brinjal with hands.
- In a pan add 3 tbsp oil and heat it
- Now add 1 bay leaf(tej patta), 2 cloves laung, 1 black cardamom, 1 teaspoon cumin seeds in the hot oil. And cook it.
- Once it cooks, put all the stuffed brinjals on it.
- Cover it with a plate and cook it for 7 minutes on low flames.
- Now remove the brinjals on a plate.
- In the same oil, add a pinch of hing, 1/4 tsp haldi powder and leftover masala in it. And mix it well.
- Once the masala is cooked, add a paste of 2 tomatoes in it. And mix it well.
- Once the paste releases oil it means it is cooked. Now add the fried brinjals in it and add 1 tsp salt and mix it well.
- Now add 1/2 cup of water in to make it the right consistency. And mix it well.
- Now cook for 7-8 minutes once again.
- Now add 1/2 tsp amchur powder for making it sourer.
- Again cook it for 2-3 minutes.
- Now your bharwa baingan is ready to serve.