This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Mix veg recipe is a delicious dish which is made with various vegetables. It is one of the famous dishes in restaurants.
In this post, we will learn how to make mix veg recipe dhaba style or in the restaurant-style. I have posted the video recipe of it also in the post.
About Mix Veg Recipe
Mix veg recipe is prepared with almost all the vegetables you have in your home. Additionally, we add paneer to it for good taste.
Mix vegetable dish can be made in dry or in curry form. But in North India, we prefer it in the dry form.
Mix veg is called mix vegetable recipe or mix vegetable curry.
Generally in restaurants, you will find these vegetables in it like potato, capsicum, cauliflower, cabbage, peas, carrots, beans, tomato, onion, mushrooms and paneer.
But in the home, you can add or remove any vegetable you like. You can further add broccoli, cluster beans, broad beans, brinjal, green onions, onion, pumpkin, red or yellow capsicum etc.
Most of the time I add whatever vegetables I have at the home at that time. But occasionally I make mix vegetable recipe restaurant-style.
I love this recipe because I get a different vegetable taste in a single dish. My whole family loves it a lot.
Mix Veg Recipe Video
Mix Vegetable Recipe
- 4 tbsp oil
- 1-2 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- 3-4 dry red chillies
- 3 to matoes roughly chopped
- 2 small onions roughly chopped
- 2 potatoes
- 2 carrots
- 1 cauliflower
- 1 capsicum
- Handful green peas
- Handful French beans
- Paneer grams
- 1 tsp coriander seeds
- 2 tbsp curd dahi
- Pinch of finely chopped ginger
- A pinch of Roasted kasuri methi
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- 1 tsp garam masala
- Red pepper powder or lal mirchi as per taste
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- salt as per taste
- Heat 1 tbsp oil in a pan
- Add 1 tsp cumin seeds. And let them cook it for a while.
- Add 3-4 dry red chillies
- Add roughly chopped 3 tomatoes and 2 onions. Mix it well and saute them.
- Add 1 tsp coriander seeds to it. And mix it well.
- Cover it with a lid and cook for about 4-5 minutes.
- Turn off the gas flame, let it cool and then put it in the mixer and make a paste of it.
Shallow frying vegetables
- Add 3 tbsp oil in a pan for shallow frying of vegetables.
- After the oil is heated, add chopped potatoes and carrot. Put those vegetables first which takes time to cook.
- Cover it with a lid and cook it for 5-7 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Now, add french beans and cauliflower. Mix it well. And cover it with a lid and fry it for 5-7 minutes.
- Add capsicum and green peas. Cover it with a lid and cook it for 5-7 minutes on low-medium flame.
- Take the veggies out in a bowl
- Shallow fry paneer in a pan. Once it is little brown then take it out on a plate.
Cooking Mix vegetable
- In the same pan, add ½ tsp cumin seeds and cook it a little bit.
- Add finely chopped ginger and mix it well. And cook it until the raw aroma of ginger goes away.
- Add the blended paste of tomatoes and onion in it and mix it well
- Add 3/4 tsp coriander powder, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder and 1 tsp salt or as per according to your taste
- Add 2 tsp of garam Masala
- Add a pinch of roasted kasuri methi
- Keep the gas flame low and add 2 tbsps of yoghurt (dahi) to the gravy
- The gravy should neither be very thick nor very thin. Add little water to balance the consistency if required.
- Add all the fried vegetables, paneer into the gravy and slowly mix well
- Cover it with a lid and cook for 5-7 minutes
- Garnish it with freshly chopped coriander leaves and turn off the flame
- Cover for 5 minutes and then serve in a bowl.
Serve mix veg with roti, paratha, puri, naan, tandoori roti, amritsari aloo kulcha. Sometimes I take steamed or fried rice with it when I have it at the marriage function.
If you want to ask about this recipe or give suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.