This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Bharwa tinda or stuffed tinda recipe is a wonderful Punjabi side dish recipe. It is made from tinda (apple gourd) stuffed with some spices and in the gravy of tomatoes.
Two ways to make bharwa tinda recipe: You can make this dish in kadhai (pan) or in a pressure cooker. I prefer this making in a kadhai. In this post, I shared the way to make it in a kadhai.
One of the only tricky or important parts of this recipe is to make stuffing masala properly and fill it in the right way.
What to have with bharwa tinda?
You can have bharwa tinda with roti, paratha, puri, jeera rice, steamed rice. Along with taking the curd or any raita. Raita tastes delicious with this bharwa tinda.
You can also read my other bharwa vegetable recipes (bharwa sabjis):
Bharwa Bhindi recipe
Bharwa Tinda Recipe Video
Bharwa Tinda Recipe | Stuffed Tinda Recipe
- 750 gm tinda (apple gourd)
- 3-4 teaspoon cooking oil
- 2 green chillies cut in slits
- 5 medium-size tomatoes
- ½ inch ginger
- 2 teaspoon sauf powder
- 1 lemon juice neembu ras
- 1 tsp cumin seeds jeera
- ½ tsp Black salt kala namak
- 1 tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp Red chilli powder lal mirch powder
- 2 tsp Coriander powder dhaniya powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder haldi
- Peel the tinda and make a deep cut in the plus shape.
- Take a bowl and add ½ teaspoon turmeric powder(haldi powder), ½ teaspoon red chilli powder (lal mirch powder), 2 teaspoon coriander powder (dhaniya powder), 1 teaspoon garam masala, ½ teaspoon black salt (kala namak), 2 teaspoon sauf powder, lemon juice, and salt. Mix it well.
- Fill this masala mixture in the cut of the tinda by hand on spoon.
- On a heated pan, add 2 teaspoon oil and 1 teaspoon cumin seeds (jeera) and 2 green chillies cut in slits.
- once the jeera is cooked, lower the gas flame and place all the stuffed tinda in the pan.
- Cover the pan and cook it for 4-5 minutes.
- After that, turn the tinda for cooking it from another side also. And cover it with a lid.
- After 4-5 minutes, turn it again and cook it from all the sides.
- Now add tomatoes, green chillies and ginger paste to the pan and add leftover masala to it.
- Cover it with a lid and cook for 3-4 minutes.
- Now, stir it lightly once, and cover it for 1-2 minutes.
- Turn off the gas flame, your barwa tinda is ready.
Tip for Bharwa Tinda Recipe
- Always use tender tinda because they will have fewer seeds. The other one has seeds and the dish will not taste best.
- If you want to use onion, then chop the onion into small pieces and add with the tomatoes.
If you want to ask about this recipe or give suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.