This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Arbi ki sabji is a delicious sabzi made with gravy. If you make arbi ki sabji in this way, everyone will love it.
This arbi sabji is cooked in the gravy of onions and tomatoes. And it is prepared in a few minutes.
Let’s learn how to make arbi ki sabji recipe with gravy.
There are other ways to make arbi ki sabji like sukhi arbi, masala arbi, fry arbi etc.
Arbi is called taro roots in English.
It is readily available in the summers in the Indian market. Kids love bhindi (ladyfingers ) and arbi a lot.
There are different ways to cook arbi like pressure cooking it, deep fry or shallow fry it or you can peel the arbi and cut into pieces and then simply put in the kadhai and cover it with a lid for cooking.
I request you to further read my other recipes:
Arbi ki Sabji Recip Video
Arbi ki Sabji
- 3-4 tbsp mustard oil sarso oil
- 500 gram arbi
- ¼ tsp rai
- a pinch of asafoetida
- 15-20 curry leaves kadi patta
- 1 inch ginger finely chopped
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- Garlic optional
- 2 onions finely chopped
- 2-3 big tomatoes
- ½ tsp turmeric powder haldi
- ½ tsp Kashmiri red chili powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp salt as per taste
- ¼ tsp dry mango powder/amchur optional
- Peel the arbi and cut it into round pieces.
- Heat the kadhai and add 3-4 tbsp mustard oil to it.
- Cover them with the lid or plate.
- And cook it for 5 to 7 minutes on medium flame.
- Stir it after that, cover it again and cook for the next 8-9 minutes.
- Arbi is almost fully cooked.
- Take out the arbi from the kadhai with the help of a spoon or slotted spoon.
- On the same oil, add ½ tsp rai, and let them sputter.
- Add a pinch of asafoetida to it.
- Now, add 15-20 kadi patta to it. And let them sputter.
- Add 1 inch of finely chopped ginger to it and let them cook.
- Add 2 finely chopped green chillies to it and let them cook.
- Add 2 finely chopped onions to it and cook until they turn to little pink.
- Add 2-3 tomatoes paste to it. And mix it well.
- Add ½ tsp turmeric powder to it.
- Now, add ½ tsp kashmiri red chilli powder to it.
- Add 1 tbsp coriander powder to it.
- And finally, add ½ tsp salt or as per taste. And mix it well.
- Cook the masalas on a medium flame by covering them with a plate.
- Add a little water to make the consistency according to your choice.
- Put all the arbi to it. And mix it well.
- Cover it with a lid and cook for 5 to 7 minutes for blending it with the taste of masala.
- My arbi looks dry, that’s why I added water for making a gravy-like consistency.
- I added ¼ tsp dry mango powder/amchur. For additional taste. It is completely optional.
- Garnish it with chopped coriander and serve it with roti or parathas.