This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Bharwa shimla mirch recipe or stuffed capsicum recipe is a delicious Punjabi recipe made with capsicum (shimla mirch) stuffed with spiced mashed potatoes in it.
It is a Punjabi style bharwa shimla mirch recipe. I usually make this recipe at home. And Everyone in my family loves it.
There are many other variations of bharwa shimla mirch on which stuffing is different like paneer stuffed shimla mirch, stuffed capsicum with besan etc.
Two ways to make bharwa shimla mirch recipe: You can make this dish in kadhai (pan) or in a microwave oven. I prefer this making in a pan. In this post, I shared the way to make it in a pan.
If you want to make this bharwa shimla mirch recipe quickly then read the tip for making this recipe with another method. In that method you can make this recipe very quickly.
What to have with bharwa shimla mirch recipe?
You can also read my other bharwa vegetable recipes (bharwa sabjis):
Bharwa Bhindi recipe
Bharwa Shimla Mirch Recipe Video
Stuffed Capsicum Recipe | Bharwa Shimla Mirch Recipe
- 4 shimla mirch capsicum
- 2 inch ginger
- 3-4 green chillies
- 2 big onion
- 3-4 tbsp cooking oil
- 3-4 boiled potatoes
- ½ tsp hing
- ½ tsp mustard seeds
- 2 tsp salt
- ½ tsp red chillies powder
- ½ tsp turmeric powder haldi powder
- 1 tsp chaat masala
- 1 tsp garam masala
- On heated oil add ½ tsp hing, 2 tsp mustard seeds, 2 inch grated ginger and 2 chopped green chillies and cook it.
- Add chopped onion and cook it a little bit.
- add ½ tsp haldi powder, 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 2 tsp salt and 1 tsp chaat masala, 1 tsp garam masala and cook it a little bit.
- add roughly mashed potatoes to it and mix it well.
- Turn off the gas and remove it in a bowl for cooling down.
- Cut the stem of capsicum and remove the seeds and stems from inside to make it hollow.
- Once the filling is cooled down, fill the stuffing in the capsicum and press tightly with the finger so that stuffing does not fall in the pan while cooking.
- On a hot pan add 2 tsp cooking oil and add ½ tsp haldi powder.
- Place all the stuffed capsicums in it. And cover it with a lid. Make sure gas flames are on low.
- After 2-3 minutes, change the sides of the capsicum for cooking it from other sides. Change the sides of capsicum for cooking it from all the sides.
- Once it cooks from all the sides, remove it in a bowl for serving.
- Do not fully boil the potatoes, if it is a little raw then it will cook inside the capsicum and will not come out from the capsicum.
- For making this dish quickly: If you want to make it quickly. Then roughly mash the potatoes, add chopped onion, green chillies, coriander powder, salt, red chillies powder, turmeric, chaat masala and mix it well. Fill this stuffing in the shimla mirch and then cook in the pan. In this way, you can make this dish quickly. It will also taste delicious.
If you want to ask about this recipe or give suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.