Soybeans are very nutritious and loaded with lots of protein. Its neutral taste allows us to make it with any food item.
In this pulao recipe, I will use soybean and matar (peas). So, this soya matar pulao recipe tastes delicious and contains lots of nutrients. It is a balanced meal which contains carbs, protein and other nutrients.
Let’s make soya matar pulao recipe. It has a little different taste and it is easy to prepare also.
It tastes good with pickles like mango pickle, lemon pickle, carrot pickle, green chilli pickle etc. I spread desi ghee on top of it. And take raita or plain curd (yogurt) and mint and coriander chutney with it.
Read my recipe to make curd at home
You can try different raita with it
Soya Matar Pulao Recipe Video
Soya Matar Pulao Recipe
- 3 tbsp sarso oil
- ½ tsp cumin seeds
- 4-5 small cinnamon sticks
- 4-5 cloves
- 1 big bay leaves tej patta
- ¼ tsp asafoetida hing
- 12-13 curry leaves kari patta
- 2 chopped green chillies
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 big chopped onions
- 2 big finely chopped tomatoes
- 2 tbsp coriander powder dhaniya powder
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp salt or as per your taste
- 1 tsp garam masala
- 1 bowl Soyabean
- 1 cup Peas Matar
- 1 glass Rice chawal
- 2 tbsp desi ghee
- Heat 3 tbsp sarso oil in the kadhai.
- Once heated add ½ tsp cumin seeds. Once cumin seeds are sputtered.
- Add cinnamon sticks and 4-5 cloves. Roast them a little bit.
- Add 1 tej patta to the oil.
- Add ¼ tsp asafoetida (hing) to it.
- add 12-13 leaves of curry leaves (kari patta). And let them sputter.
- Add chopped green chillies and ginger to it. And cook them until their raw flavour goes away.
- Add chopped onions to it. And fry them until they become golden brown.
- Add chopped tomatoes to it.
- Add 2 tbsp coriander powder and ½ tsp red chilli powder to it.
- Add 1 tsp salt to it. Mix them well.
- Cover with a lid or plate until the tomatoes and masala leave oil from the sides.
- Add 1 tsp garam masala to it. Mix it well.
- Add ½ cup fresh peas and 1 bowl soaked soybean to it.
- Mix them well.
- Add soaked rice to it. Soak them for 10-15 minutes in the water and wash them well before adding them to the kadhai.
- Cover with a lid and let it cook for 5-7 minutes so that the flavour of masala is soaked in the rice.
- Add 1.5 glasses of water and mix them well.
- Cover with the lid and cook it for 10-15 minutes.
- Soya matar pulao is almost ready to mix them well and cover them again for 2-3 minutes.
- Soya matar pulao is ready for serving.
- Add 2 tbsp desi ghee on the top and serve them.
- Serve with curd and achar.
If you want to ask about this recipe or give suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.