Til Ke Laddu (Sesame Laddu)
This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Til ke laddu is a healthy, delicious laddu prepared with white sesame seeds, jaggery, cardamom powder and peanuts.
It’s a traditional Maharashtrian recipe that is made on Makar Sankranti.
It is a must-have sweet in the winters. Til, jaggery and peanuts keep our bodies warm in the winters.
These laddus are very often made in Navratri, Ganesh Chaturthi, Makar Sakranti etc. There are also various variations for til ke laddu.
These laddus are very easy to make and prepare in a few minutes. It tastes amazing and also provides energy to us. I would suggest having one laddu daily in the winter.
You can make other sweet recipes also which are very easy like dry coconut burfi, rabri recipe, rasmalai recipe, aloo halwa, sabudana kheer, ghiya/lauki kheer etc. All these recipes can be eaten in fasting.
You can further read my other vrat recipes which you can make in Navratri fasting and on other fasting days.
Til ke laddu recipe video
Til ke laddu (Sesame Laddu) Recipe
- 2 cup sesame seeds til
- ½ cup roasted peanuts mongfali
- 3-4 Cardamom seeds powder elaichi powder
- 2 tablespoon desi ghee
- 1 cup jaggery gud
- heat the pan on a gas stove
- on low medium pan roast the sesame seeds for 8-10 minutes
- remove it in another bowl for cooling down
- on a heated non-stick pan or non-stick kadhai add desi ghee and melt it.
- Now add jaggery in it for melting it. use only a non-stick pan or kadhai otherwise, it will stick it the bottom.
- On the low gas flame keep stirring till it melts
- Once it melts turn off the gas and add roasted peanuts and elaichi powder in it.
- Add roasted sesame seeds and mix them well.
- remove it in the plate for cooling.
- Once it is a little cool, so that you can make laddu of it. Make sure they do not get completely cool down otherwise jaggery will become hard and you will not be able to make laddu of it.
- Rub the desi ghee on your hand so that laddu does stick to your hand
- Take a little mixture in one hand and give it a round shape like laddu.
- Make laddu of all the mixture.
- After making laddu let it cool for few hours.
- Your til ke laddu is ready. You can store it in an airtight container also.
Dry coconut, peanutIf you do not want to add peanuts then use the grated dry coconut. It will taste amazing. Even you can also add dry coconut with peanuts it will give a very delicious taste.
Adding dry fruitsYou can add chopped dry fruits like Kaju, kishmish, badam, pista etc for adding flavour to it.
Jaggery or sugarI would suggest always making til ke laddu with jaggery. It tastes amazing and has lots of benefits as compared to sugar. If you do not have jaggery then buy it from amazon or the market.
Which sesame seeds are better in recipe – unhulled and hulled seeds?Sesame seeds come in two varieties, hulled and unhulled seeds. Hulled seeds are those which are white in colour. Their outer colour hulls are removed. I have used these seeds in this recipe. Unhulled sesame seeds are in light brown colour. Their outer skin is not removed, there is a little bitterness in the taste. You can use any seeds in this recipe because jaggery will prevent the bitter taste of it. I would suggest buying the hulled sesame seeds for making this recipe.
If laddu mixture becomes too hard?If you laddu mixture becomes too hard and you are not able to make laddu of it. In this case, add a few splashes of water to it. And place them again on the pan and cook on the lower gas flame for a few minutes. After a few minutes, it will become soft again. Now, you can give shape to the mixture.
Make til chikki or sesame brittleIf you do not want to give round shapes. Simple grease a pan or plate with desi ghee. Put all of the mixtures in that. Let it cool down and set. Now remove it with the help of a knife and slice it. Your till chikki is ready.
Can we eat til ke laddu in fast?
Yes, you can eat til ke laddu in fast. All the ingredients of the recipe are allowed in fasting.
Is sesame laddu good for weight loss?
Yes, Sesame laddu is good for weight loss. Sesame has lots of properties that help in reducing weight. Even jaggery does not increase weight like having sugar. You can have as many laddus for weight loss. For more information, you can read this article.
Is til ke Laddu good for health?
Yes, they are very good for our health, all the ingredients in them have numerous health benefits like sesame reduces weight, helps in preventing cancer, reduces cholesterol, full of iron, removes dental plaque etc. Read more health benefits.
Can we eat sesame seeds during periods?
Yes, you have sesame seeds during periods.
Can we eat til ke laddu during pregnancy?
Yes, a pregnant lady can have til ke laddu during pregnancy. There is no harm in it. You can read more about it on BabyCenter.
Til ke Laddu Web Story
Did you try this recipe?
Click a picture and mention @foodyshoodyofficial or tag #foodyshoodyofficial us on Instagram.
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes.
If you want to ask about this recipe or give suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.