This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Dhaniya panjiri is an Indian sweet that is specially made at the Janmashtmi festival for prasad purposes.
Without dhaniya panjiri Janmashtami festival cannot be complete.
What is Dhaniya Panjiri?
Dhaniya panjiri recipe is made with coriander seeds powder which is roasted in desi ghee. and mixed with powdered sugar and lots of roasted dry fruits.
Dhaniya is a Hindi name for coriander. And panjiri is a sweet dish made with flour. But this dish is made for vrat that’s why instead of flour we will use dhaniya powder as a base.
The process of making dhaniya panjiri is the same as the panjiri. People have this in the Janmashtmi prasad.
You can try my other sweet dish recipes which are made especially for vrats.
You can further read all the vrat recipes. It includes recipes of kuttu ki puri, paneer pakora for vrat, aloo tamatar sabji, sabudana vada, sabudana khichdi, aloo chaat for vrat, shahi paneer for vrat, aloo raita for vrat, mint coriander chutney for vrat and many more.
Dhaniya Panjiri Recipe Video
Dhaniya Panjiri Recipe
- 1 cup coriander powder dhania powder
- ½ cup desi ghee
- 2 tbsp dry coconut grated
- 7-10 Finely chopped cashew
- handful Foxnuts or tal makhane
- 1 cup powdered sugar or bura
- Finely chopped Almond
- Handful raisins
- Heat a pan on the gas. As soon as it gets heated, add 2 tbsp desi ghee.
- After the ghee melts, add tal makhana (foxnuts) to it on low flame. toast them for about 1½ minutes or until they are crisp and brown. Take them out on a plate.
- Again, add 1 tbsp ghee and roast the chopped cashews, almonds and raisins in it.
- Now add grated dry coconut and let it roast for 1 to 1½ minutes. Take them out on a plate and keep them aside.
- In the pan, add 2-3 tbsp desi ghee and add 1 cup coriander powder to it.
- Mix it well and roast it for about 1½ minute or until fragrance come and its colour changes to dark colour.
- Turn off the gas flame, then add powdered sugar/ bura to it and mix well.
- Add the roasted dry fruits to the mixture and your dhaniya panjiri is ready.
You can store dhaniya panjiri for 10-15 days in air tight container.
- You can add cardamom seeds for more flavour.
- You can add pistachio, walnuts etc for adding more nutty flavour in it.
- If your coriander powder taste little bitter that means it is not roasted well. For avoiding this situation, roast the coriander until it changes it colour to dark and the the fragrance of its roasting comes.