Veg spring roll is a chinese recipe, which is very loved in the India.
These vegetable spring rolls are crunchy from outside and vegetables and noodles filing is filled inside of it.
It is very popular in Indian, and it is easily available in street food and almost in all the restaurants.
I have also shared the steps of making a wrapper for it. You can buy ready-made wrapper also. These are easily available in local market and at Amazon.
You can enjoy it with tea, coffee, cold drink etc.
You can serve with tomato ketchup, momos chutney, red chillie sauce and schezwan sauce etc.
Some of the other chinese recipes which is enjoyed very much.
Veg Spring Roll Recipe
- 1 cup All purpose flour (Maida)
- ¼ cup corn flour
- ½ teaspoon vinegar
- oil for frying
- 1 tablespoon red chilie paste
- 1 tablespoon garlic paste optional
- 2 medium size diced onion
- 1 medium size diced capsicum
- ½ medium size chopped cabbage
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce
Steps for making wrapper for spring roll
- Take 1 cup all purpose flour (maida) and ¼ cup corn flour in a bowl
- Add little bit salt, ½ teaspoon vinegar and ½ teaspoon oil in it.
- Mix it well with hands.
- Add little water and knead it.
- After kneading cover it with cloth and leave it for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes, again knead it once for few seconds. Dough is ready.
- Make small balls of dough for the spring roll sheet.
- Roll the dough ball after applying dry flour on it. keep it aside.
- Apply oil on one side of rolled sheet and dry flour on it.
- And cover it with another rolled sheet.
- Press gently in the corners and roll it again and this time make it in the big size like chapati. Rolled dough should be thin.
- Transfer it on hot tawa for cooking.
- Cook it partially on both of the sides.
- Cook all the sheets on tawa. And keep it aside
Boiling the noodles
- Heat 2 litre water in pan
- Add 1/2 teaspoon of salt in it.
- Add noodles in boiling water
- Boil it on medium high flame for 6-7 minutes
- When it is 80% cook turn off the gas.
- And drain all the water. And let it cool for few minutes.
Steps for making stuffing for spring roll
- Heat the pan and add 2 tablespoon oil on it.
- When the oil is hot add ½ tablespoon red chili paste.
- Add ½ tablespoon garlic paste in it. And roast it little bit.
- Add chopped onions and cook it for few seconds.
- Add capsicum and cabbage in it.
- Add 1 teaspoon salt and 1 teaspoon black pepper powder in it.
- Add 1 tablespoon soya sauce in it .
- Now add boiled noodles in it. And mix it
- Turn off the flame. Stuffing is ready.
Steps for making spring roll
- In one wrapper sheet, we used two rolled dough. Carefully separate the sheet from each other in the wrapper.
- Take 2 tablespoon of all-purpose flour and add little water in it. And mix it. Make a paste of it. We will use this paste for sealing the spring roll.
- Place stuffing on the sheet.
- Apply all-purpose flour paste on the sides of the wrapper sheet.
- Fold the sheets in round. And cylindrical shape. And prepare all the spring rolls like this.
Frying Spring roll
- Heat oil in pan.
- fry the spring roll until it turns golden brown.
- Remove it on paper towel and cut in desired shapes.
- Serve in serving plate with tomato ketchup or schezwan sauce.
Veg Spring Roll Recipe Video
If you want to ask anything related to this recipe or give any suggestion. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.
Never miss a recipe.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get yummy recipes and kitchen tips to your email inbox.