Chowmein roll or noodle roll is very popular in kids and youngsters.
In the chowmein roll, chowmein is wrapped inside the thin paratha.
It is very popular, thats why it is available in every corner of the street as a street food.
It is very simple and a perfect dish for a street food.
If you are going to make this, then you will have two recipes ready at the same time. First is the chowmein itself and another is noodle roll.
If you have leftover chowmein then you can also try this recipe.
Chowmein Roll Recipe | Noodle Roll Recipe
- 3 teaspoon Salt
- 1-2 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 big size onion
- 1 big size capsicum
- 1/4 medium size cabbage
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 1 tablespoon soya sauce.
- 2 tablespoon red chilli sauce.
- 2 tablespoon green chilli sauce.
- 1 tablespoon tomato ketchup
- ½ cup wheat flour
- ¼ cup all-purpose flour maida
- 3-4 tablespoon oil
- 1.75 liter Water
Steps for boiling noodles
- Take 1.5 litres water in pan and boil it.
- put 1/3 teaspoon salt in it.
- Now add noodles in boiling water.
- Boil it for 6-7 minutes. Turn off the gas flame when it is 80% cooked.
- Drain the water and use the strainer for removing excess water.
Steps for making chowmein
- Heat the oil in kadhai
- Add chopped onions and cook it for few seconds.
- Add chopped cabbage and capsicum in it.
- Cook these on high flame for 1-2 minutes. And it should not be fully cooked. It should be raw in taste.
- Add 1 tablespoon vinegar and soya sauce each.
- Add 1 tablespoon of red chilli sauce, green chilli sauce and tomato ketchup each
- Mix it well
- Now add boiled noodles in it.
- Add salt, black pepper. And mix it on high flame.
- Chowmein is ready for rolls.
Steps for making dough for roll
- Take ½ cup wheat flour, ¼ cup all-purpose flour (maida) and little salt in a bowl.
- Add water in it and knead it.
- Add 1 teaspoon oil and kneed the dough.
- cover the dough and leave it for 10 minutes.
- after 10 minutes kneed it once again.
- Make equal size of dough balls for making thin roti . Make dough balls size accordingly
- Take a dough ball and roll it and make a thin chapati of it. Size of its should be little big than chapati
Steps for cooking roti for noodle roll
- Head the tawa on medium high flame. And cook the chapati on it
- Turn the chapati and apply oil on one side.
- Turn it again and apply oil on other side of roti this time.
- Cook it like parantha. But do not make it crispy. It should be soft.
- in a bowl add 1 tablespoon of red chilli and green chilli sauce each. and mix it.
Preparing noodle roll
- Apply mixture of sauce on the cooked roti.
- Place noodles on one side of the roll.
- Roll the roti and give it a cylinder shape.
- Wrap it in foil paper or butter paper. Your noodle roll is ready.
Chowmein Roll Recipe Video
Pin this image on pinterest if you like this post.
If you want to ask anything related to this recipe or give any suggestion. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.
Never miss a recipe.
Subscribe to our newsletter and get yummy recipes and kitchen tips to your email inbox.