If you are bored with same kind of food, then try namkeen seviyan this time.
Generally, we make kheer with seviyan, but this time we will make a snack with it.
The steps for making this recipe is the same as the suji upma recipe. The only difference is seviyan in place of suji. If we make it with vegetables, then the taste of its increased a lot.
I have added potatoes, onion, tomato, peas, capsicum, carrots, and coriander in it. You can add any vegetables you like. You can add beans, cauliflower, cabbage, etc. in it.
If you don’t have enough time for making breakfast then try this dish this time. It is very quick to make. You can have it in breakfast, evening snack and give it in lunchbox also.
For making namkeen seviyan you can purchase seviyan from market or you can make them at home. You can read more about it.
You can make different recipes in the breakfast or evening snacks.
Namkeen Seviyan Recipe
- 1 cup roasted
- 2-3 tablespoons oil
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- ½ finely chopped carrots
- 1 small capsicum finely chopped
- 1 Potato finely chopped
- Coriander leaves to garnish
- 2 finely chopped green chillies
- ¼ teaspoon mustard
- Salt according to taste
- ¼ teaspoon turmeric powder
- ¼ teaspoon red chilli powder optional
- ½ teaspoon garam masala
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper powder or crushed
- Water Double the quantity of vermicelli
- Heat the oil in the pan and add mustard seeds to it, as soon as the mustard starts to crackle, add green chillies to it.
- Immediately add onion and cook till it becomes light brown.
- Now add tomatoes and mix well.
- Add all the spices – such as salt, turmeric, red chilli, garam masala and black pepper. Allow these spices and tomatoes to cook.
- Put all the vegetables in it and cover it with a lid for 3-4 minutes and cook on low heat.
- Add the seviyan and water and allow the water to come to a boil on high heat, as soon as the water comes to a boil, slow the flame and stir the seviyan and cover it with a lid.
- Let it cook till the vermicelli absorbs all the water, it will take about 7 to 8 minutes. Stir it every 2-3 minutes
- Turn off the gas and take out in a serving plate and garnish with coriander leaves.
Namkeen Seviyan Recipe Video
If you want to ask anything related to this recipe or give any suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.