This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Masala papad is a tasty snack made with papad and topped with mixture of onion, tomatoes and few spices.
This snack made with papad is so delicious and prepared in few minutes. It is perfect snack to stop the craving.
Lets learn how to make masala papad at home. All the recipe steps are mentioned the video.
About Masala Papad
Masala papad recipe is made with papad then topped with a mixture of onions, tomatoes and a few spices.
In some other variations, people fry the papad. But I like the roasted one. Because it is prepared in 1-2 minutes.
Crunchy papad and mixture on top of it give a perfectly soft and crunchy flavour.
This snack can be used as a starter before the meal or stop the craving at midnight or as a perfect evening snack.
There is one more interesting way to serve it. Make a cone of roast papad and fill the mixture in it.
Ingredients for Masala Papad
- Papad: I have used urad dal papad of lijjat papad. You can use any papad you like.
- Vegetables and fruit: I have used onion, tomatoes, green chillies, coriander, and pomegranate seeds. You can add or remove vegetables according to your preferences and availability.
- Spices: In the spices, you required roasted jeera powder, salt, red chilli powder, black pepper powder, black salt, and chaat masala. These spices are enough for giving taste to it.
- Bhujia: In bhujia, I have used aloo bhujia. You can add some fine sev or zero number sev.
You can read my other snacks recipes
Masala Papad Recipe Video
Masala Papad Recipe
- 1 Urad dal papad
- 1 finely chopped onion
- 1 finely chopped tomato
- pomegranate seeds anar dane
- 2 chopped green chillies
- aloo bhujia
- ½ tsp roasted jeera powder
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp red chilli powder
- ½ tsp black pepper powder
- ½ tsp Black salt
- pinch of chaat masala
- Heat the tawa on the gas for 2-3 minutes.
- Place the papad on it.
- Roast it with the help of a spoon or slotted turner or spatula.
- Press it gently and roast it from one side.
- Once it is roasted from one side then turn it. And roast from the other side also.
- Turn off the gas. And remove the roasted papad from it.
- In a bowl, add chopped onion, chopped tomatoes and chopped green chillies.
- Now add 1/2 tsp roasted cumin seeds powder, and 1 tsp salt.
- Add 1/2 tsp red chilli powder, 1/2 tsp black pepper powder, and 1/2 tsp Black salt into it. And mix it well.
- Add chopped coriander leaves and mix it.
- On papad put the vegetable mixture and spread it evenly.
- Sprinkle some pomegranate seeds on it.
- Sprinkle some aloo bhujia on top of it.
- Sprinnkle pinch of chaat masala on it.
- Your masala papad is ready to eat.