Cucumber Raita | Kheera Raita
This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Cucumber raita is one of the famous raita made with cucumber and curd.
This raita is cooling in nature and easy to prepare.
This raita serves with any Indian meal, pulao or biryani. Let’s learn how to make cucumber raita at home.
About Cucumber Raita
Cucumber raita is called kheera raita in the Hindi language. Kheera is a hindi name for cucumber.
Making cucumber raita is an easy process. You need cucumber, curd and a few spices for it.
In the spices, you need salt, red chilli powder, chaat masala, roasted cumin powder, black salt.
Just grate the cucumber and put them in the whisked curd with the spices in your desired quantity. Your cucumber raita is ready.
You can use any cucumber for it. Even I do not remove seeds from it. These taste good in the raita.
Healthy Version: Do not squeeze out the water of the cucumber after grating it. It will make raita little running.
Try this instead of grating: Instead of the grating you can finely chop the cucumber and add it to the curd for making cucumber.
You can refer to my other raita recipes like:
Onion Raita (Pyaz raita)
Beetroot Raita (chukandar raita)
Cucumber Raita Recipe Video
Cucumber Raita Recipe | Kheere ka raita
- 1 bowl curd
- 1 medium size cucumber
- 2 green chillies finely chopped
- ½ tsp roasted cumin seeds
- ½ tsp black salt kala namak
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- chaat masala optional
- coriander optional
- In a big bowl, put the whisked curd.
- Add grated cucumber to it
- Add 2 finely chopped green chillies to it.
- Add ½ tsp black salt (Kala namak) to it
- Now, add ½ tsp roasted and crushed cumin seeds to it.
- Add ¼ tsp salt to it.
- Add ¼ tsp red chilli powder to it.
- Mix it well.
- Your cucumber raita is ready for serving.
Tips for additional flavour
- You can add 1/4 tsp chaat masala for additional flavour.
- Garnish it with freshly chopped coriander for the fragrance and taste.
- You can add dry mint leaves powder for the additional mint flavour to it.