This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Beetroot raita is delicious raita made with curd and grated nutritious beetroot.
This dark pink colour raita is a sweet and tangy flavour that goes well with the Indian roti and paratha.
Let’s learn how to make beetroot raita. I have shared all the steps in the video as well.
About beetroot raita
Beetroot raita is Indian raita made with fresh beetroot, curd and a few spices.
It has a mildly sweet and tangy flavour. Its pink colour adds a different colour to our plate.
Beetroot is a nutritious vegetable and is readily available in the market.
I have shown the two ways of making it simple and the tadka method. Both of the raita taste delicious. It is up to your preferences.
I make my own curd daily at home. Read how to make curd at home.
It has various health benefits like increased stamina, lowering blood pressure, boosting immunity etc. It contains carbs, potassium, iron, vitamin C, fiber etc.
This is easy to make raita. It prepares in a few minutes.
You can further read my other raita recipes:
Serve it with any meal roti, sabji, dal etc.
Serve with the vegetable salad. And serve it chilled for good taste.
Beetroot Raita Recipe Video
Beetroot Raita Recipe
- 1 cup curd
- 2 finely chopped green chillies
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ½ tsp chaat masala
- ½ black salt
- ½ tsp roasted cumin seeds
- 1 big beetroot Chukandar
- 1 tsp mustard seeds rai
- 2 red chillies
- 10-12 curry leaves
Without Tadka Method
- Take a big bowl and add 1 cup bowl of curd to it.
- With the help of a whisker, whisk it until it becomes smooth.
- Add 2 finely chopped green chillies to it.
- Add ¼ tsp red chilli powder to it.
- Now, add ¼ tsp salt, ½ tsp chaat masala, and ½ tsp black salt to the curd.
- Mix them well.
- Add ½ tsp roasted cumin seeds to it.
- Add grated beetroots to it.
- Mix them well.
- Serve them in the serving bowl.
- Heat a pan and add 1 tsp oil to it.
- Add 1 tsp mustard seeds (rai) to the heated oil. Let them crackle.
- Add 2 red chillies and 10-12 curry leaves to it. And cook it for 5-10 seconds.
- Turn off the gas and put the tadka on top of the raita.