Beetroot Paratha Recipe
This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Beetroot paratha recipe is a delicious wheat flatbread in the beetroot mixture is kneed in the wheat dough. Then the paratha is made of it.
This paratha colour is red so it adds a different colour to your plate. This beetroot paratha is full of nutrients and delicious in taste.
In this post, we will learn how to make beetroot paratha easily.
Paratha is very common in the Indian household and generally, plain paratha, aloo paratha, gobhi paratha, pyaz paratha, paneer paratha, mooli paratha, mix veg paratha, peas paratha etc.
But this beetroot paratha tastes very different compared to other parathas. It tastes a little bit sweet.
In this beetroot recipe, we will first cook the beetroot. Then the smooth paste of it is made in the mixer blender.
That mixture is kneaded in the wheat flour. Then paratha is made of it.
You can have this for breakfast, lunch and dinner. It is a great recipe for kids’ lunch box because of its colour.
It tastes best with raita, plain curd, and pickle. I personally have it with any vegetable sabzi.
I request you to further read my roti and naan recipe
Beetroot Paraha Recipe Video
Beetroot Paratha Recipe
- 1.5 cup wheat flour
- 1 cup beetroot
- pinch of hing
- 1 green chilli chopped
- 1 inch ginger chopped
- ½ tsp garam masala
- ½ tsp amchur powder
- 1 tsp ajwain
- coriander leaves
- Take a pan and add 1 tbsp oil. Heat the oil
- Add a pinch of hing in it.
- Add 1 chopped green chilli and 1 inch ginger chopped in it.
- Saute them.
- Add one cup of grated beetroot to it and mix it well.
- Add 2 tbsp water to it for cooking it.
- Cover it with the lid and cook it for 7 to 10 minutes.
- Remove the cooked beetroot to a plate and let it cool down.
- Once it is cool down make a fine paste in the mixer blender.
- Take a big bowl or high-hipped platter and add 1.5 cups of wheat flour to it.
- Add 1 tsp salt or as per your taste.
- Add 1/2 tsp garam masala and 1/2 tsp amchur powder
- add 1 tsp ajwain and add a few leaves of coriander.
- Mix them well.
- Now add the beetroot paste and mix it well.
- Add the little water to the blending jar and add that water to the flour to knead a dough
- Kneed it with your hands to make a soft dough.
- Keep kneading and add a little bit of water if required.
- Once the dough is properly kneaded spread some oil on top of it and let it rest for 10-15 minutes.
- Pinch the dough and make a medium size ball of it. And keep it on the rolling board.
- Sprinkle a little bit of wheat flour on it and roll it slowly with the help of a rolling pin (belan)
- Put little oil on it and spread it with a spoon or finger.
- We need to give it a square shape. We have to fold it in the way so that after rolling it. Paratha rolls in a square shape.
- Fold one side halfway, then overlap the other side on the edge of the first side.
- Now do the same with the remaining two sides.
- After doing that, the perfect square shape has come.
- Sprinkle some flour on top of it and roll it.
Making beetroot paratha
- Once the tawa is heated then put the beetroot paratha on the tawa.
- Flip the paratha when it is partially cooked.
- Apply oil on the upper side of it.
- Flip it again and apply oil on this side also.
- Flip it once or twice until it is cooked from both sides.
- Press the edges of the paratha with the spoon to cook it properly from all sides.
- Delicious beetroot paratha is ready to serve.