Want to stay healthy? Try this vegetable salad recipe which will make you fresh, light and healthy. It is a vegan recipe.
This is a mix vegetable salad made with fresh vegetables.
This healthy vegetable salad is great in summers. It keeps your body cool. But you can have it through out a year.
The crunchy vegetables makes it more delicious. I used to have daily one plate of salad in my diet.
The best time to have a salad at breakfast and lunch. Try to avoid it at dinner. As per Ayurveda, it is a little difficult for a body to digest at the night. As it is cool in nature. Whereas in the morning and afternoon it is easy to digest.
Vegetable salad benefits
There are many health benefits of a salad for us. A few of them are mentioned below:
- It is full of fibre which helps in lower cholesterol levels, prevent constipation and helps in weight loss.
- It helps in lower blood sugar level, reduce heart diseases and prevent some type of cancers etc.
In this recipe of vegetable salad, we will make its dressing separately. It is an easy dressing. You need not worry. All the ingredients are available in your home.
Variations you can make in your salad
- I have added vegetables like lettuce, English cucumber, onion, tomato, carrots, beetroot to this salad. You can add the vegetables you liked or add sprouts.
- You can add some dry fruits and seeds like almonds, cashew, sesame seeds etc. in it. It will give you a rich flavour and make your salad super healthy.
- You can add broccoli, corn, french beans, cauliflower etc in it. But you have to steam them lightly.
You can try my broccoli salad recipe. It is also full of nutrients and healthy.
How do make salad in your home? Tell me in the comments.
Vegetable Salad Recipe
- 1 cucumber
- 2 carrots
- 1 betroot
- 2 onion
- 2 tomatoes
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 chopped green chillies
- little coriander
- 1 lemon
- pizza seasoning optional
- 1 teaspoon black pepper powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
Prepare the dressing
- Put green chillies and chopped coriander in the olive oil
- Add black pepper and salt in it.
- Now add ½ teaspoon pizza seasoning and ½ lemon's juice.
- Mix it well
Chopping and preparing the salad
- Roughly chop the lettuce
- Chop the cucumber in desired shapes.
- Remove seeds from tomato and roughly chop it.
- Cut onion in half and chop in semi circle shape
- cut the carrot in desired shape
- chop the beetroot in small shapes. Take the less quantity of beetroot otherwise, your salad will be little sweet in taste.
- Put all the vegetables in a bowl and Mix it well
- Put the dressing on top of it and mix it well.
Vegetable Salad Recipe Video
If you like this recipe please pin this image on Pinterest
If you want to ask anything related to this recipe or give any suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.