Makki Ki Roti
This post is also available in: हिन्दी
In this post we will learn how to make makki ki roti. I have also prepared video of it.
Makki ki roti is made with flour made with corn. Usually, it is eaten in the winters in India in the lunch or dinner.
It tastes best with the sarso ka saag or palak paneer.
About Makki ki Roti
Makki ki roti is made with flour made with corn. We call it as makki ka atta. And very few spices are added to it.
Note: Cornflour is different from the makki ka atta. So be careful while buying the makki ka atta. Cornflour is white colour and makki ka atta is of light yellow colour.
Makki ki roti tastes best with the sarso ka saag. But you can have it with palak saag, palak paneer, or any other indian sabji or dal in the winters.
I used to prepare makki ki roti and bajre ki roti in the alternate day in the winters. Generally we take daily 1-2 roti of these with regular roti.
And my family enjoy it daily in the winters.
You can check my other roti paratha and naan recipes.
Makki ki Roti Video
Makki ki roti
- 1 cup makki aata
- ¼ cup wheat flour
- ¼ tsp salt
- 1 glass water
Kneading makki ka atta
- Put 1 cup makki ka atta in bowl or parat
- Then add ¼ cup wheat flour to it.
- Add ¼ tsp salt to it.
- Mix it well with hands.
- Add water little by little and knead them well.
- Knead it for 2-3 minutes at least.
- And let it wait for 5-7 minutes.
- Knead it for 1-2 minutes again before making roti.
Rolling makki ki roti
- Pinch a ball of dough. And make it a round shape.
- Dip it into wheat flour on both sides.
- Roll it slowly with the help of a rolling pin (belan). Roll it until its size becomes 6-7 inches.
Making Makki ki roti
- Heat the tawa on a gas stove.
- place the rolled roti on it.
- The rest steps are the same as wheat flour roti.
- Flip it once it partially cooks from one side.
- Hold roti with the chimta (tongs) when the other side cooked more than the earlier one.
- Place the roti on the flames with the first cooked side.
- The roti will puff well. Flip the roti with tongs.
- And cook the other side of the roti.
- Once the brown spots come it means it is cooked.
- Apply desi ghee or makhan to it and enjoy it.