This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Poha recipe is a very popular breakfast in Maharashtra and Madhya Pradesh.
It is made with flattened rice, a few vegetables and spices. This is a light breakfast and people love to have it.
This post will teach you how to make poha quickly.
What is Poha
Poha is a Hindi name for flattened rice / beaten rice.
This poha dish is eaten for breakfast, snacks or evening or dinner. This dish can be served in the lunch box.
This dish is accompanied by milk and jalebi in Madhya Pradesh. But usually, it does not accompany anything.
But it is served after garnishing with onion, sev etc.
You can further read my other recipes:
Poha Recipe Video
- 100 gm poha
- 2 big size onion
- 2 green chillies
- 10-12 curry leaves
- ¼ bowl peanuts
- chopped coriander leaves
- pomegranate seeds
- ½ tsp Saro seeds
- ½ tsp cumin jeera
- ½ tsp turmeric powder haldi
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp sugar
- Put poha in the strainer and wash it with the running water.
- Keep the strainer in another bowl so that excess water is removed from it.
- Heat the pan on the gas stoves.
- Roast the peanuts on a high medium flame for 2-3 minutes.
- Keep peanuts aside in the bowl.
- In the same pan heat the 2 tbsp oil
- once the oil is heated add ½ tsp cumin jeera, ½ tsp Saro seeds and mix them well. Cook them until cumin seeds turn golden brown.
- Now add green chillies to it.
- Add fresh curry leaves
- Add chopped onions to the medium flame.
- Cook them a little bit.
- Now add ½ tsp haldi powder and 1 tsp salt to it. Mix it well.
- Add 1 tsp sugar and mix it well.
- Add roasted peanuts and mix them well.
- Before adding poha to the pan, stir them with a fork or spoon. Now add the poha to the pan.
- Mix poha with the masala.
- Sprinkle chopped coriander on top of it. Mix it well.
- Cover it with the lid and cook for 1 minute.
- Mix it well and Your poha is ready.
- Serve it on a plate and sprinkle pomegranate seeds on top of it.