Tomato Onion Chutney Recipe | Onion Tomato Chutney
This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Tomato onion chutney recipe is chutney served with south indian dishes like dosa, steamed rice, idli, pongal rice etc.
This chutney is easy to prepare and made in a few minutes.
Some people call it onion tomato chutney also. I have mentioned the exact steps in the recipe video.
Let’s make how to make tomato onion chutney recipe at home.
This chutney has various variations. You can add coconut for a creamy texture and balance the taste. You can increase or decrease the number of onions, tomatoes, red chillies etc. to make a different variation.
You can refer to my other chutney recipes
Nariyal Chutney (Coconut Chutney)
Mint coriander Chutney (dhaniya pudina chutney)
Imli chutney | Tamarind Chutney
Raw mango and onion chutney
Tomato Onion Chutney Recipe Video
Tomato Onion Chutney | Onion Tomato Chutney
- 3-4 medium size Tomato
- 4-5 medium size onion
- 7-8 dry red chillies
- 2 tsp cooking oil
- 7-8 curry leaves kari patta
- ½ tsp Mustard seeds sarso seeds
- ½ Fenugreek seeds meethi seeds
- ¼ tsp red chilli powder
- 1 tsp coriander powder dhaniya powder
- ¼ tsp turmeric powder
- Heat the pan on the gas stove. Add 1 tsp cooking oil to it.
- Add meethi dana and half of the sarso seeds to it.
- Add dry red chillies and fry them.
- Add roughly chopped onion and cook it until they are little soft.
- Add roughly chopped tomato to it. And partially cook it.
- Add 1/4 tsp haldi powder, 1/4 red chilli powder, and 1 tsp dhaniya powder. After that mix it well.
- Cook the masala for 1-2 minutes. And cover the lid till that time.
- Turn off the gas. Remove it in the bowl and let it cool.
- Put the mixture in the blender jar and make a paste of it. Do not add water to it.
- Turn on the gas and add 1 tsp cooking oil and add 1/2 tsp sarso seeds and add curry leaves. And let them sputter.
- Put the tadka on top of the chutney. It is ready to serve.
Did you try this recipe?
Click a picture and mention @foodyshoodyofficial or tag #foodyshoodyofficial us on Instagram.
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes.
If you want to ask about this recipe or give suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.