This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Coconut chutney is a delicious south Indian chutney made with coconut and a few other ingredients.
It has been eaten with idli, dosa, uttapam, vada etc. I use to eat it with plain rice and roti also.
Let’s learn how to make coconut chutney at home. In this post, I have also shared the recipe video.
About Coconut Chutney
Coconut chutney is also called nariyal chutney. It is equally popular in north India as well.
Coconut Chutney Recipe Video
Nariyal ki chatni | Coconut chutney
- 1 nariyal cocounut grated
- 8-10 curry leaves
- green chillies
- red chillies
- 2 tbsp chana dal roasted
- 2 urad dal roasted
- peanuts roasted
- In a blending jar, put the grated coconut in it.
- Add green chillies and ginger to it.
- Add roasted chana dal and urad dal.
- Now add peanuts to it.
- Add 1.5 tsp salt to it.
- Add a little water to it.
- Blend it until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Add more water if required.
- Remove them to a bowl.
- In a pan, heat the 2 tsp ghee or oil
- Add rai and let it sputter.
- Add 2 red chillies and curry leaves to it.
- Mix it well,
- Put the tadka on top of the chutney and mix it well
- Nariyal chutney is ready for serving.
If you want to ask about this recipe or give suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.