This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Idli is one of the healthiest dishes from south India. It is soft, fluffy, and light and made from rice and dals.
In this post, I will show you how to make soft idli with rice. Many North Indian people do not know how to make idli at home. But in this post, i will show you the exact step-by-step recipe, by following that you can make soft and fluffy idli like the market one.
About Idli Recipe
Idli is the south Indian food made with rice or rava (sooji). It is one the most have food for breakfast in South India. And even the north Indians love it.
It is very healthy as it contains rice, dals etc. I use the same dosa batter for making idli also.
Idli tastes best with the sambar and the coconut chutney(nariyal chutney). I also love to have it without anything.
It tastes good also with other chutneys like peanut chutney, and tomato onion chutney.
You can further read my other south Indian recipes post.
For making batter for idli you need to read my dosa batter post. The same batter is used for making dosa and idli.
Idli Recipe Video
- Grease the idli plates/moulds with the oil.
- Do not swirl or mix the batter before adding it to the moulds.
- Half-fill the batter in the moulds. Do not fill moulds to the full.
- Fill 1.5 glasses of water in the idli stand. And boil the water.
- Place the idli moulds in the idli steamer/cooker. And cover with the lid.
- Steam it for 5 to 7 minutes on high flame.
- For checking whether, the idli is steamed properly or not, insert the knife into the idli. If it is come out clean it means they are steamed perfectly. If it does not come out clean, then steam again for 2-3 minutes.
- Remove the moulds from the steamer. And remove the idli from the steamer with the help of a knife.
Did you try this recipe?
Click a picture and mention @foodyshoodyofficial or tag #foodyshoodyofficial us on Instagram.
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel
Subscribe to our Youtube Channel and stay updated with our latest video recipes.
If you want to ask about this recipe or give suggestions. Then you can tell us in a comment section. We would love to hear from you. And please give a star rating below.
If you like this post, then please consider retweeting it or sharing it on Facebook or Pinterest.