Peanut Chutney Recipe
This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Peanut chutney is a delicious chutney made with peanuts, onion, tomatoes and a few spices.
This delicious chutney is a perfect substitute for coconut chutney.
Let’s learn how to make peanut chutney recipe at home. All the steps are shown in the video.
About Peanut Chutney
Peanut chutney is also known as groundnut chutney. This chutney has a nutty flavour and this flavour goes very well with the cooked onion and tomatoes.
There are many versions of these chutney in India. In some variations, they add chana dal and sesame seeds in it.
Peanut Chutney Ingredients
- Peanuts: The main ingredient of this recipe is peanuts.
- Vegetables: For this chutney, we require onion, tomato, ginger, and green chillies.
- Spices: In spices, we require very few spices like hing, turmeric powder, imli pulp and salt.
This chutney tastes good with dosa, wheat dosa, idli, and uttapam and makes them nutritious food. And you can have it with rava idli, upma etc.
If you don’t have mint and coriander chutney then you can have this chutney with pakora like onion pakora etc.
And pairs well with steamed rice.
Peanut Chutney Recipe Video
Peanut Chutney Recipe
- 1 bowl peanut
- 1 inch ginger
- 2 medium onion
- 2 tbsp oil
- 2 tbsp imli pulp
- 7-8 dry red chillies
- 1/4 tsp hing
- 1.5 tsp turmeric powder haldi powder
- 2 tsp salt
- Turn on the gas and heat the pan for 2-3 minutes.
- Add oil to the pan.
- Once it is hot, add ¼ tsp hing and chopped ginger to it. Saute it on low flames
- Now add red chillies and cook it for a few seconds.
- Add finely chopped onion and saute them until their colour changes to pink
- Now add 1.5 tsp turmeric powder, and 2 tsp salt to it.
- Mix them well and cook the spices.
- Now add peanuts to it and mix it well. Cook it for 1-2 minutes.
- Add imli pulp to it and mix it well.
- Turn off the gas and leave for cooling down.
- Put them in the mixer blender jar.
- Blend it until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Add little water in between for making a smooth paste.
- Making Right Consistency
- Heat the pan again.
- Add peanut paste to it.
- Add ½ bowl of water and mix it well.
- Cook it for 1-2 minutes.
- Add water according to your desired consistency.
- Cook it once until one boil comes.
- Your peanut chutney is ready for serving.