This post is also available in: हिन्दी
Wheat dosa is a quick and easy to make dosa variety with wheat flour and rice flour.
This dosa recipe is so easy, that everyone can make it.
If you found making traditional masala dosa difficult then try this wheat dosa. This is very easy as compared to that.
This instant dosa is very quick to make for breakfast. Lets learn how to make wheat dosa.
About Wheat Dosa
Wheat dosa is a variation of traditional dosa. This dosa is made quickly.
There are other types of dosa which can be made quickly like rava dosa, oats dosa etc.
Like the other traditional south Indian dosa recipes, this dosa batter does not require fermentation. Its batter is prepared in a few minutes.
This dosa is also called atta dosa. Atta is a Hindi name for wheat flour.
The texture of this dosa is crisp like the other dosa. We have added rice flour with wheat flour to make it crisp.
This is a quick option for breakfast, brunch or a quick snack.
I request you to further read my other recipes:
Wheat Dosa Recipe Video
Wheat Dosa | How to make wheat dosa | Atta Dosa
- 1 cup Wheat flour
- ¼ cup rice flour
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp sugar
- 1 tbsp curd
- 1 tsp oil
- ghee/ oil
Making Atta Dosa Batter
- Take a bowl, and add 1 cup of wheat flour to it.
- Then add ¼ cup rice flour to it.
- Add ½ tsp salt, 1/4 tsp baking soda, and ½ tsp sugar to it.
- Now add 1 tbsp curd and 1 tsp oil to it.
- Take a whisker and whisk it nicely
- Now add water into it little by little for making a smooth batter.
- Add little water at a time and whisk it. So, that it does not form lumps.
- Batter consistency should be as of dosa batter. It should not too flowing not too thick.
- The batter for atta dosa is ready.
Making Atta Dosa
- Heat a Tawa on gas.
- Take a small bowl and add 1 tbsp water and 1 tbsp oil to it for greasing the tawa.
- And once the tawa pan is heated, put a 1 tsp mixture of oil and water on the tawa.
- And take a kitchen towel or tissue paper and clean the tawa with it.
- Turn gas flames to lower setting.
- Now, put the batter on the tawa and spread it in a circular direction on the tawa.
- Now turn the gas flames to the high and cook the dosa for 1 to 2 minutes on it.
- Put oil on the sides, so that it does not stick on the tawa.
- You will see, that the edges of the dosa will lose the tawa itself.
- Flip the aata dosa and cook it from the other side.
- Your atta dosa is ready for serving.
- Serve it with nariyal chutney and peanut chutney.
- You can replace rice flour with suji.
- You can put aloo masala in the centre of the dosa and spread it with a spoon to make it just like the masala dosa.